“Excellent hotel, friendly welcome, nice rooms.”

Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hoylake
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Arrived at 11 a.m. and the friendly receptionist offered us really nice rooms. Large rooms with flat screen t.v. Beautifullly decorated and bathrooms were fabulous with brilliant showers.

Good breakfast in the morning where you can help yourself to as much as you want. The only thing I didn't like and why it didn't get a 5/5 was the fact that there was nobody around at breakfast time to clean the tables after the previous occupant and that it was a self clearing restaurant. Other than this one tiny irritation, the hotel was superb with friendly and polite staff at all times.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room facing the front - which is where we were but the rooms may be just as nice facing th...
Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Had a two night stay at this hotel a few days ago. Been before. A nice clean and modern hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Both nights had a good sleep in a large bed, very comfortable. The room has all you need, TV, wifi, tea making, and a nice shower. Breakfast is a help yourself, thats no problem. But if you want toast, the toaster is a bit hit and miss. I think the hotel need to invest in a better toaster. Reccommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackjHerts
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed that this hotel twice in February and place to stay there twice in March too due to work commitments in the area. I found the hotel very pleasant and the staff very helpful. The blonde girl with black glasses on reception was very helpful, polite and gave a warm welcome :-) the one draw back is the breakfast at this holiday inn but I am happy with scrambled egg and beans on toast due to dieting I suspect others would like the full English which isn't really available there.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Neil120879
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

After spending nearly two years at this hotel, I am completing my current contract and moving out of the area .

After a few weeks in other IHG hotels in the area, to complete my "big win" points, I am so happy to be back.

This hotel is by far the best IHG hotel in the area and I am so pleased my last couple if weeks are back in Hoylake.

After trying the others, it is nice to be back at a spotless, well run hotel, that everything seems to be relaxed and customer focused.

Whilst I don't normally mention names, Matt Knight the manager goes out of his way to please each customer far more than that which is expected. I've even seen him cooking breakfast when staff are sick. In an industry such as this,he is a find that needs to be kept hold of, or you competitor will benefit to your detriment.

As a IHG platinum member, I expect my checkin to be easy, and it is always that way. I expect my "perk - points or drink" to be offered and not asked for , and it always is. That can only be down to the manager ensuring the best possible customer service and staff training. It would be unfair not to mention Carrie and Gemma who make it all happen.

The rooms are always immaculate and the staff helpful. The decor is also nicer than the competitors, but I wish they still had sky sports.

I am still not happy about Marco's being closed mon-wed (and wrote feedback on here to show my disappointment) but the same menu is still served in the hotel and is far better than the microwave rubbish of the competitors.

I hope to visit again one day, and trust that they will not change.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank anynamewilldo1
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just a one night stay as I was passing through for work. The room was spotless if initially a little cold on arrival. The latter was soon sorted out with the aid of a heater in the room. Slept well and breakfast was OK, but where was the bacon?? Not a cooked breakfast without it so I'm my opinion that let the side down. Additionally Marco's the hotel restaurant was closed the night I was staying so there was no provision for a good meal when there. Again a shame but overall a fine stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brock B
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on 15th Feb. Only saw one member of staff. He was nice enough but didn't appear to have any hob satisfaction. Not many guests here either.
We were told all of the balcony rooms were unavailable...got to our room and found we did have a balcony!
The room was cold, despite a little heater. The bathroom was freezing.
No wardrobe, just a rail and some hangars. Room was comfortable, but sparse.
Breakfast buffet was good with a hot and cold selection. You are expected to use a tray and put it on a trolley after. Guests weren't paying attention to this and there was just the reception lad present.
The hotel is alright, just seems detached and cold.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Rachael W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that our breakfast options exceeded your expectations. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were here with a group for a wedding and were impressed. A nice mid range hotel. A decent self-serve breakfast option. The rooms were nicely appointed and very clean. The rooms at the front of the hotel have very large balconies.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of the hotel have large balconies.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoylake
Leasowe Castle Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bromborough
The Grove House Hotel and Restaurant
Premier Inn Wirral (Greasby) Hotel
Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake? Share your experiences!