“Very good!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hoylake
London, United Kingdom
“Very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very different from the other Holiday Inn hotels we have been - a little more stylish than your typical no-nonsense, boring, business hotel rooms. The room was clean, quite big and very comfortable. Lovely clean bed with choices of soft and hard pillows.The breakfast was also good. This hotel is very close to the beach. Looked great during sunset.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thanks you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Matt Knight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The staff were great nice & friendly, we stopped over night for a friends party which was held there. Food was great, room was good,a bit noisy during the day but very peaceful at night. What amazed me most was the general area, the beaches were lovely & it was not commercialised at all.
The beaches were stunning and I would like to return again when the weather is warmer. We had some lovely pizzas from Frankies.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BWynne_12
Matt K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and Frankie's Bar and Grill and I am delighted to read your comments.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Hoylake in the very near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights over the Easter period. Comfortable clean bedroom with small but well equiped bathroom. Good bedlinen with a choice of pillows. Self service breakfast with a choice of cereals, toast, croissants and scrambled eggs, sausage & baked beans. Basic but ok. Only downsides were no tea or coffee in room when we arrived. Plus noisy neighbours at 3am but the hotel can't be blamed for that. Would visit again as a great improvement on New Brighton Travelodge where we usually stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us. I am sorry that your stay was marred by the conduct of other guests, but i do hope that this would not deter you from visiting again.

BINGLEY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Check in was good and greeted well. Room terrific value for money, bed very comfortable bathroom excellent, very clean.
Restaurant next dood Frankies a nightmare. Front of house very good but in the kitchen who knows, stale bread sent out , 46 minuets to wait for main course and restaurant not busy.

Overall I would heartily recommend the hotel , great value .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us and while I am delighted to read your comments about the hotel, I would like to apologise if Frankie's did not live up to your expectations. We will address your comments and ensure that this wait does not happen again.

Thanks you once again for your review.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I did not part-take of any of the food during my stay at this Hotel but would recommend the very nice Chocolate drink on one occasion as I arrived late and after an almost 5 hour journey from the appropriate drink m/c. Did have some problems sleeping as there was a constant humming noise coming from a particular part of the Hotel where I was situated and due to a long journey was too weary to say anything however the room is very nice, basic, agreed a lack of hanging space so living out of a bag and I do not leave any valuables in my room anymore. A pleasant venue overall. Alice is nice and said goodbyes on departure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read your comments and thank you for the constructive commments that we will review.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just had a 2 night stay at this hotel, which I must say is very very clean:)) good size room, lovely staff and fab walk in shower! Breakfast is basic, but OK, and Frankie's next door is lovely, especially if you want to have a few drinks without the hassle of booking a cab:))The staff were lovely with my 6 year old. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a bath if you need one as most rooms only have showers
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay. i am delighted to read your comments, especially your comments on Frankie's Bar & Grill.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hoylake in the near future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I started on Trip Advisor as I wanted to counter negative reviews with a more objective and balanced approach, but as my title suggests for this stay I am struggling to find the positives.
It will be fair to comment that we stayed during the Easter Bank and this is naturally a busy time for hotels with family visits, wether that excuses the issues I have is another matter. We have stayed for years in the Premier Inn and we wanted to try somewhere new.
But first to the good things, the staff are cheerful and friendly, the rooms are bright clean and modern and the en-suite is large and of excellent quality.
Now to the problem areas;
Check In. At check in we were told that our daughter could eat free at Frankie's next door as it was Easter and the definition of 'child' was up to 16. The restaurant denied this and said it was 12.
Room Cleaner. There was very little toilet paper in the en-suite, I asked a cleaner for another roll (she initially did not understand me until I pointed to one) as there was no spare on the hook, she gave me a new roll but no spare was put on the hook during our three night stay.
The gel dispenser in the shower as nearly empty, I left it protruding one morning in the hope that it would be replaced - it was still like that on our return that evening.
The room. We had a family room and it is small, once the sofa bed (my daughter said this was very comfy) is laid out you cannot use the desk. The desk is odd in that there are no drawers so you have live out of your suitcase during your stay (there is some hanging space).
The bed. Much smaller than Premier Inn and also much softer.
Noise. The biggest single issue here at the Hotel is how noise penetrates through the walls of the room. We could here conversation, TV and snoring through the walls and ceiling, the dorrs bang and corridor conversations even when at normal conversational level easily come into the rom via the closed door. We could not sleep properly until the last person entered their room, and we were awoken by the first people getting up (or so it seemed). At the endof three nights I was strung out and very tired.
Breakfast. the tables are self clearing, few guests bothered so it resembled a war zone, staf were workng very hard cleaning after lazy guests. The choice of cold food is fine but the hot breakfast consists only of Scarmbled eggs (which were nice), baked beans and the nastiest, cheap sausages I have ever eaten, I can see why Breakfast is free, Premier Inn may charge but the service, variety and quality make it worthwhile.
To the mid week business visitor little of the above may apply as we were there during a busy holiday weekend period, but our experience has put us off from staying again. We are regular visitors to the area visiting family and we shall now return to the Premier Inn.
What I require from any hotel is a good nights sleep, I had three disturbed wretched nights - and at least the Premier Inn offer your money back!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet one at the far end
1 Thank Ian P
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. I am disapointed to read your comments as they are generally not in keeping with the feedback we usually recieve. We will look into your comments and implement any changes appropriate to ensure we enhance the guest experience that we offer.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Matt Knight
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoylake
Premier Inn Wirral (Greasby) Hotel
Hillbark Hotel
Hillbark Hotel
#1 of 1 in Frankby
The Grove House Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake? Share your experiences!