Number Fifteen
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Hoylake
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Riverhill Hotel(Birkenhead)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Sleep Station(Birkenhead)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Number Fifteen is an excellent B&B in Hoylake providing 5 star accommodation. We booked a room here for a weekend as we were visiting family nearby. We arrived on the Friday afternoon and due to modern technology (mobile phones) we were able to give an accurate time of arrival. Our hosts, Hilary and John were on the drive to meet us and show us to our room. Due to the design of the house the B&B has a separate entrance to the owners accommodation which gives guests a certain amount of independence. There are 4 rooms which can be booked and 2 of these can be used as a 2 bedroom unit complete with kitchen. Our room was a large double with dual aspect overlooking the Royal Liverpool Golf Club and with breathtaking views over the Dee Estuary to North Wales. Patio doors lead onto a small balcony with steps leading down to use of your very own garden. Accommodation is clean, thoughtfully decorated with the added bonus of complimentary toiletries (Molton Brown hand wash & hand cream on our dressing table!) and a well stocked tea/coffee tray. Breakfast offers a good choice of cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt, toast etc in addition to Hilary cooking a first-rate full English breakfast if you so require. It is worth noting that we were given home-made flapjacks on arrival (again courtesy of Hilary's culinary talents) which were absolutely beautiful. A lovely touch on arrival. Hilary is to be commended on a wonderful B&B and we would recommend Number Fifteen unreservedly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stmarychurch
Hilary S, Owner at Number Fifteen, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay here and I hope we will see you again when you are next visiting the family. I'm glad you enjoyed the flapjacks. This weekend there is Malteser cake in the guest lounge - another popular one!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have enjoyed staying in Number Fifteen with golfing friends for a long weekend every year for the past 5 years and I hope that we will continue to stay here for many more years to come - it is simply brilliant! For anyone playing at Royal Liverpool Golf Club, the setting is absolutely perfect, overlooking the course and located right by the 17th green. The views from the bedrooms and the living / dining room certainly make any avid golfer keen to get out on the links!

The welcome offered by Hilary and John is always so friendly, yet still very professional. Nothing is ever too much hassle and guests can be sure that they will be set up for the day with Hilary's hearty and delicious breakfasts. The afternoon baking that you return to later in the day always feels like an extra treat!

The accommodation at Number Fifteen is spacious, stylish and exceptionally comfortable and Hilary is always willing to offer flexible room set-ups if needed - great for groups! The separate entrance for B&B guests is ideal when returning late from any evening functions and there is ample space in the house to allow privacy to all guests.

I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Hoylake!

Room Tip: The Links View Room is stunning and has great views both down the 17th and in the opposite direction over the 15th hole.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank SEJ_SlicerCP
Hilary S, Owner at Number Fifteen, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am looking forward to welcoming your group here again later in the summer.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have to say I was just blown away by this place. The location should be a state secret if it is not already - I didn't know those beaches and the coastline were there before, and if anything, the accommodation and welcome from Hilary and John was even better, being friendly as well as professional. My room was huge with amazing views, and the comfort level was premium. Lovely choice too at breakfast. The b&b is discreet from the host's accommodation with its own front door, so my coming back late from a 'do' was not a problem. Golfers just won't want to go home from here unless they have had a bad round! I have already booked again for friends and family. Easy walks from the front gate too. I just couldn't fault anything.

Room Tip: Ask for the Club View Suite - it has a dressing room and amazing views, but I was shown around and there are no poor rooms here at all.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Barry W
Hilary S, Owner at Number Fifteen, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your review and thank you for booking again with friends and family.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Finally Number Fifteen is listed - and about time!

More people need to discover this place - it's fantastic! Modern, spacious and with a true feel of a luxury, whilst being personally supervised.

Whilst I haven't stayed here myself, as a local care home proprietor and business owner, I have attended a couple of Open Days they have held, and on the basis of what I have seen, I have wholeheartedly recommended this establishment to many resident's families who live out of area and who have been been visiting their elderly relatives. I have also recommended Number Fifteen to friends visiting the Royal Liverpool Golf Club and a number of company executives prior to meetings with us.

Without exception they have all commended the place and its hosts for their personal service and attention to detail.

Festidiuously clean, modern, spacious and very welcoming - Number Fifteen and it's hosts appear never to fail to endear themselves to their guests. Many, it appears are happy and repeat customers.

Hilary's personal welcome, not to mention her prowess in cake baking and jam/marmalade making, all add to the personal touch and ensures you feel like a vauled, personal friend.

Free Wi-Fi and newspapers add that finishing touch that most modern travellers expect.

I continue to recommend Number Fifteen to anyone visiting the Wirral. It offers personal service, excellent value and attention to detail and comes with an abundance of tremendous views across the infamous Royal Liverpool Golf Club, Dee Estuary and onwards to the Welsh Hills, not to mention the SSSI at Red Rocks.

This is truely a superb base from which to explore the Wirral and all it has to offer, and so close to a plethora of local restaurants, bars, shops and cafes.

Keep up the good work guys! Many thanks.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the corner overlooking the Royal Liverpool Golf Club's club house. Tremendous panoramic views!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank RR_England

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are always happy to accommodate visitors to local businesses so thank you for recommending us both on here and to your visitors.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great to find Number Fifteen on Trip Advisor and be able to review it. We first discovered it shortly after it opened in 2007, and we’ve been back several times since (including 2 stays to coincide with family weddings). On each visit we’ve had a very warm welcome with nothing being too much trouble for the hosts to make our stay perfect, delicious food and the most spacious accommodation I’ve ever had in a B&B .It has a feel of luxury about it with everything clean, bright and modern. We love the stunning views of the famous golf course as well as the Dee Estuary and Wales in the distance. A lovely walk along the beach is a couple of minutes away, and a short walk in the other direction leads to plenty of places to eat to suit all price ranges. A great base for trips to Liverpool or down the Wirral to Chester, or simply to relax and enjoy the views. We're well overdue for another visit - can't wait!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RER88

Thank you for your review. We have been delighted to welcome you to Number Fifteen on several occasions, and of course to be your base in the sometimes hectic build up to family weddings. If I remember rightly we also accommodated the wedding cake for one night! I look forward to seeing you and your husband again before too long.