“Busy morning coffee and lunch outlet”
Review of Chantilly

Chantilly
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Hoylake
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Locals throng here, so may sometimes not be a table for you. This augurs well. Good basic fare - good portion size - check out their pies and cakes, accompanied by a good range of juices and coffees. Reasonable cost.

There are newer reviews for Chantilly

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have visited Chantilly on several occasions before and on each occasion it has been wonderful. The staff are very friendly and will go out of their way to help you. I had, on my visit today, the home made steak pie with salad. It really was delicious and I would recommend it. My mum had the panini and said that it was lovely. The waitress was more than happy to put my salad on a separate plate and take the salad off my mum's plate when requested. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. We would have loved to have one of their home made cakes as they looked delicious but we were just too full!
The room itself was cosy and warm with a lovely christmas tree in the corner. The owner and cook, Les, was very friendly and came over to ask us whether we had enjoyed our meal.
I would definitely recommend Chantilly to everyone. It is a real find - hidden away in a quiet corner of Hoylake.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

What a result ... Windy conditions on the Wirral stopped play which led to lunch in the Chantilly Tea rooms. What a find, lovely home made bread and cakes crafted by the owner, fresh coffee, marshmallow and cream topped milkshakes and the best apple and pear bakewell tart I've ever tasted! The service first class and the owner made us feel really welcome, as if you'd been invited into their home for tea :-) we will definitely return, in fact if the wind continues to blow we'll be back tommorrow.

1  Thank AliX50
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was my second visit and just as good as the first. Plenty of local parking and the place is very clean and relaxing. The staff are very friendly and happy to advise on choices to eat. The food is of a very good freshly made homemade quality and portions are large. The prices are extremely reasonable. My student daughter has been for lunch here with friends and they were delighted with food and prices. So it's not just a place for older people with sweet appetites. Would recommend.

2  Thank mightytech
Reviewed August 21, 2012

These tea rooms are a must ! My husband and I found Chantiily about 18 months ago and have re-visited them on many occasions. The food, service, and staff are fantasic. The food, all home made, is delicious and cooked by the owners. The service is excellent and the staff are efficent and very friendly. We are always remembered when we walk in. It is not a very big tea rooms with only about 11 tables of various sizes but it has a cozy atmosphere.
I love the quiche and have it almost everytime I go, but my husband is slowly working his way through the menu and has never been dissappointed with anything he has tried. The savoury pies are delicious and you can have either a full portion or a smaller "Lite Bite" if preferred. But the puddings and cakes are the speciality with the chef baking all sorts of old fashioned recipes. One time we called there were Rum Babas which my husband couldnt resist. They were gorgeous. Even the bread is homebaked and I love the eccles cakes.
I cant praise these tea rooms enough and look forward to going everytime we are in the area. My only concern will be that too many people will discover how good they are and I wont be able to get in when I go.
Well done Chantiily... What a tea rooms should be !

1  Thank ALLNATT