“Wedding 25th July 2014”

Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Heswall
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Overlooking the Dee Estuary and the Welsh mountains, Sheldrakes boasts a stunning location. Voted 'One of the Top 20 Places to Dine by the Sea' in The Sunday Times, spectacular sunsets, seductive scenery and a relaxed friendly atmosphere rival that of any Spanish bar or Greek taverna. Enjoy classic Mediterranean cuisine, a hearty Sunday roast, or take traditional afternoon tea on the terrace. The Mediterranean-style bar offers specialist wines, an extensive range of beers, local cask ales and exotic cocktails.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We celebrated my wedding on Friday 25th July 2014 at Sheldrakes and can honestly say the food, service and ambience was amazing.

We hired the top floor, the view as always... stunning, weather was very hot so it genuinely felt like we where in the Mediterranean.

Staff where extremely attentive and any problems, very quickly resolved. The food was unbelievable and all guests commented on the quality. Even the evening food, simple fish and chips tasted amazing.

The day prior to the wedding I almost had a minor meltdown and there was some breakdown in communication between the manager and the gentleman that was looking after our day but after a few hours hard work this was rectified.

Overall I would definitely recommend Sheldrakes for any special occasion

We would like to say a huge thank you to all the staff at Sheldrake’s that helped us with our special day.

Kerry and Steve.

2  Thank Kerry1234391
SheldrakesRestaurant, General Manager at Sheldrakes Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

We're are so glad you chose Sheldrakes as the venue for your wedding day! The staff and the surroundings really are something special. Our very best wishes to you both and much love & happiness for the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had my daughter and son-in-law's wedding here and it was wonderful! The venue is absolutely beautiful. It was a barbecue and the food was plentiful and delicious. The staff were efficient, helpful and polite. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
I would recommend Sheldrakes to anyone as an excellent venue for a meal and for a wedding.

1  Thank orchid075

Thank you so much for your positive comments. It was a pleasure to host such a wonderful occasion - the staff and the surroundings really are something special at Sheldrakes and we're glad they added to your enjoyment of the day. Our very best wishes to the happy couple for the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I popped into Sheldrakes yesterday for a drink with my partner whist doing the beautiful 12 miles walk down the Wirral way from West Kirby to Hooton. In my walking clothes, but I'm sure that didn't matter?

We sat outside on the patio, and rather than flag down a waiter I went to the bar for to order a couple of drinks. There was 3 people at the bar, a lady ordering from the 1 barman, and a well dressed couple at other end of the bar who seemed relaxed and chatting.

Another bar man entered from my end of the bar, walked directly up to me and asked me what I wanted to drink. I ordered, he turned and started making the first drink.

Then I was tapped on my side my an Italian lady, presumably the manager who politely told me that the couple at the far end of the bar had been waiting a while and would be served first !!!!

I was dumbstruck, and said sorry, but I never push in. I felt embarrassed.

After the other couple had been served, the barman apologised to me, and the gentleman who had been served first came over and said he was sorry as well for the way I had been treated.

I have no doubt the manager meant well, but that was not the correct course of action. 3 sets of people were embarrassed by her action, and it ruined my visit. It also got her restaurant 2 rating, and that's 1 more than she would have gotten because her barman apologised.

I have eaten at the Sheldrakes before and so have many members of my family. Its a good restaurant in a beautiful location. My only comment would be that it comes across as being pretentious at times, and the patio area is very shabby.

Not sure if I would go again now. After 25 years of frequenting bars, that's the first time a barman has started serving me a drink, and been told to stop. Poor.

5  Thank AndyTVoR

Apologies for any unintended confusion or embarrassment inadvertently caused: All are welcome at Sheldrakes Restaurant and we really do always try our very best to get it right!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We visit Sheldrakes regularly, and have never been disappointed with either the food or service. Many thanks to Helen and her brilliant team.!!! ..

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Sheldrakes is a top class place to enjoy a meal, drink and just enjoy the lovely views from the upper terrace balcony. I would recommend this place to everyone, it is a well liked and popular place with everyone I know. The food and drinks are terrific and the service is excellent, go and enjoy this gastronomic and relaxing experience.