“Uninterested Staff”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Heswall
Bath England
“Uninterested Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Heavy snow over the weekend that we stayed , very little effort to clear the car park , entrance to the hotel was lethal .
Cold bathrooms with no heating
Breakfast at the adjacent pub was dreadful suggest you drive to Heswall instead for a decent breakfast

Room Tip: book somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Anne N, Manager at Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Heswall Premier Inn.

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel service and staff friendliness did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank you once again for your review.

Anne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Two night stay to visit Dad for his 90th birthday - we all stayed in 2 rooms - wife and I in one and two girls in the other. I have stayed in many Premier Inns all over UK and found them to be good. This was no exception. Rooms fine as usual. Good night's sleep for all. Shower did not work properly in our room - they offered another room or use of shower in another room and then gave us one night free on their guarantee. Can't complain about that. Associated with Beefeater next door for excellent dinner and breakfast.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Paul S
Anne N, Team Leader at Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Anne Nieman
Team Leader
Shropshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited this hotel as a quick escape from the normal routine and grind for the weekend (Mothers Day). We found the staff friendly, the rooms were clean and to a good standard. Parking here is excellent. The area is a very pleasant, and despite the fact it is situated off a main roundabout noise was not a problem at all. Our room was cleaned throughout our stay, and everything (all fittings) in the room worked. This hotel does not have its own catering. You must use the steak house / pub next door, and although it is a bit pricey, the staff were friendly and the food was good. I would recomend this place to families especialy in the summer as the pub has a huge play garden with a climbing frame to match. The only little grudge I would say is maybe the price. I think we overpaid - especially the food, but saying that breakfast was top-notch, so overall it was a good stay for us...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Shropshire_Anon
Anne N, Manager at Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013

At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves in exceeding guests’ expectations at every opportunity and I am really happy that you had a very comfortable night and the room met your expectations. I am also really happy that you consider our staff very pleasant.

We look forward to seeing you back at the Premier Inn Wirral Heswall in the near future.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.
Cirencester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

A pleasant dining room, with a view over the well kept garden, a bright crisp morning, and we were told that breakfast is served in the bar. The bar is dark and gloomy and I sat with my back to a gaming machine, whilst 4 deliveries were carried through the bar and past our table. The staff Sanitary Bin was also carried out via the same route. I was told it could not go out through the kitchen because of food hygiene standards. As the bar has become the breakfast room, do the same standards not apply? Of course had we been in the dining room we would not have known.
Last September we stayed here and one morning there was no hot water. Same thing this stay.
Premier Inns are usually excellent value for money, however their dining facilities are very poor. Try The Devon Doorway over the road for an excellent meal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keith M
Anne N, Manager at Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about the dining arrangements for breakfast. This has been noted and will be duly investigated by the management team at the restaurant.

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay, we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have stayed here twice and on both occassions we have been very happy, room lovely and clean and comfortable and staff very friendly. Great variety at breakfast and very nice staff, great position for discovering the local area. Nova resteraunt in Heswall is exceptional if you want to experiance fine dining at a very good price. Nova is just a 5 minute car journey just beyond M&S food and turn right, just a short journey down the road on the right.

Room Tip: 49 very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lovemylaptop
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Heswall Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit!

Kind Regards
Egham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have stayed at this Prermier Inn on a number of occasions but this was my best visit so far! I arrived early wanting to check my booking was OK but expecting I'd be asked to return later in the afternoon. In fact I was offered the option of checking in at that point which I gratefully did. The Receptionists were friendly and helpful and interested in why I was visiting the Wirral. I had a lovely room on the Ground Floor and as usual it was spotlessly clean. I had a two night stay so the following day I had dinner in the restaurant which was really nice, very good value and very pleasantly served. This was entirely different from my experience here six months ago and breakfast the following morning further convinced me that things have improved beyond measure as far as the restaurant is concerned. I should like to commend all the receptionists I met during my stay for their courtesy and care. I should also especially like to commend Sarah, the restaurant manager, who I thought was quite outstanding, and Julia, my waitress at breakfast. Sarah and her team have clearly worked really hard to turn around what was certainly not a great situation and their efforts have entirely paid off. It was a great stay - thank you all.

Room Tip: I was on the Ground floor overlooking the car park but not troubled by noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank JMA56

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Second time of staying here, very central for my commute to work. Also very handy for trips to Birkenhead and new Brighton.
Premier never disappoints, you get exactly what it says a comfy nights stay. I prefer a comfy chair to a settee, as I spend most of the evening in my room, there wasn't one, I just mentioned it, and hey presto one was there.
Meals at the neighbouring restaurant good. Being a regular premier inn visitor, I very often have a takeaway. Plenty of choice nearby in Heswall itself, maybe a 5 minute journey, food still piping hot on your return anyway.
Yes a very pleasant stay. The two girls who I was helped by, Kelly was one and the other lady was a trainee ,I didn't get her name, we're so helpful and welcoming, nothing was to much trouble, a credit to this premier inn. Wifi perfect, this isn't always the case at some of the premier inns.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank E1OVO

Anne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heswall
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,435 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake
Premier Inn Wirral (Bromborough) Hotel
Premier Inn Birkenhead Town Centre Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel? Share your experiences!