“A 5 Star Stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Heswall
Egham, United Kingdom
“A 5 Star Stay!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have stayed at this Prermier Inn on a number of occasions but this was my best visit so far! I arrived early wanting to check my booking was OK but expecting I'd be asked to return later in the afternoon. In fact I was offered the option of checking in at that point which I gratefully did. The Receptionists were friendly and helpful and interested in why I was visiting the Wirral. I had a lovely room on the Ground Floor and as usual it was spotlessly clean. I had a two night stay so the following day I had dinner in the restaurant which was really nice, very good value and very pleasantly served. This was entirely different from my experience here six months ago and breakfast the following morning further convinced me that things have improved beyond measure as far as the restaurant is concerned. I should like to commend all the receptionists I met during my stay for their courtesy and care. I should also especially like to commend Sarah, the restaurant manager, who I thought was quite outstanding, and Julia, my waitress at breakfast. Sarah and her team have clearly worked really hard to turn around what was certainly not a great situation and their efforts have entirely paid off. It was a great stay - thank you all.

Room Tip: I was on the Ground floor overlooking the car park but not troubled by noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank JMA56
Anne N, Manager at Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Heswall Premier Inn.

At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves in exceeding guests’ expectations at every opportunity and I am really happy that you had a very comfortable night and the room met your expectations. I am also really happy that you consider our staff very pleasant.

We look forward to seeing you back at the Premier Inn Wirral Heswall in the near future.
Anne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Second time of staying here, very central for my commute to work. Also very handy for trips to Birkenhead and new Brighton.
Premier never disappoints, you get exactly what it says a comfy nights stay. I prefer a comfy chair to a settee, as I spend most of the evening in my room, there wasn't one, I just mentioned it, and hey presto one was there.
Meals at the neighbouring restaurant good. Being a regular premier inn visitor, I very often have a takeaway. Plenty of choice nearby in Heswall itself, maybe a 5 minute journey, food still piping hot on your return anyway.
Yes a very pleasant stay. The two girls who I was helped by, Kelly was one and the other lady was a trainee ,I didn't get her name, we're so helpful and welcoming, nothing was to much trouble, a credit to this premier inn. Wifi perfect, this isn't always the case at some of the premier inns.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank E1OVO
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

UK
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We visit every year as we have friends nearby who invite us at a party every year.
I was very glad with the service offered, and there are no problems to this date considering I have visited for about the last 4 years now.

Premier Inn is much better than Travelodge, and I recommend them highly in comparison.

When we arrived, we booked in by simply saying our booking name, ref. etc. and we were given a key very swiftly- we arrived to a clean, spacious and quite well equipped room- although it wasn't the ritz, you need to expect that equipment is limited- but is great for business stays, you aren't exactly going to be in the room all day, I hope!
We were told about a buffet breakfast which is offered in the beefeater adjacent to the hotel, which although seems expensive, is very cheap and good quality as well.
We went to the party, and arrived back very late at about 4am, but were happily greeted by the night receptionist, who told us to return to our rooms quietly- staff really are helpful in the hotel.
I had such a great night's sleep, better than my own bed.

In the morning, breakfast was very good, and we left with our suitcases as the staff gave us that last friendly smile- that is one of the things that encourages us back every year, the lovely staff.
From the cleaners to the receptionists to the restaurant workers, not a single person has been mean or rude in anyway.

People who complain must be complaining for a good reason, because I can't see a major problem anywhere!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but obviously the ground floor is better, so you don't have to carry your c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank RobL93
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Heswall Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again next year!

Pulborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Not a bad hotel but the Clegg Arms restaurant is tired, poorly decorated and in need of a major refresh. If its raining you can get very wet just going fro the hotel to the restaurant, so beware.
The don't open the conservatory during breakfast no, big mistake, some of us like to see the morning in and not be stuck in a dingy area to eat.
The food lay out was poor and again the area w\as dingy and not compatable with ease of use when at a busy time.

Room Tip: Look at other choices
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Anne N, Manager at Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear of your experience on your recent trip. At Heswall Premier Inn it remains our objective to deliver a high standard of service in our hotel. We do provide umberellas to reach the restaurant however, your opinion is valuable to us to help make continous improvements.

kind regards

team leader
Arundel, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed at premier Inns before but first time at this one. Great deal at £25 for the night plus additional payment for breakfast.

Good room, very clean, Evening meal and breakfast at the Glegg Arms adjacent to the Inn was very good.

Our only negative comment about the stay was the reception staff did not know anything about the bus times to Chester, from the bus stop right outside the inn. They gave us incorrect timings and the wrong bus service number. Seeing the stop was right outside and Chester being the main shopping venue, we expected they would be 'clued up".

After a 5hr drive we did not feel like driving any more and the hassle of city parking, so we wanted to use our Bus passes.

We did find out the information from the timetable at the bus stop but nevertheless I thought the staff should have been aware as I sure we would not be the only guests making such an enquiry.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teenager65

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel staff did not meet your expectations due to lack of knowledge of area. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated and a tourist file is being made up with timetables of buses.

Thank you once again for your review.

team leader
Farnborough, UK
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I arrived prior to a business meeting. The only problem was I had arrived 1 month early ! I had the no refund or change rate. The receptionist gave me a number to ring to see if Premier Inn would accept my cancellation. As a guesture of goodwill they promised to refund my money and then the receptionist rebooked me there and then. I locked myself out of my room (this was a really bad day !) and the receptionist let me in with a smile. Room looked newly decorated. Food in the restaurant was of a high standard. Choice and quality of breakfast was good. Recommended.

One general point: my experience of Premier Inn has been above average. Problems have always been resolved and I have even got my money back on one previous occasion. As a budget hotel chain, I think they do a really good job, good facilities at a good price. Well done to the management for getting the company service ethic to the staff, and well done to the staff for delivering !

Room Tip: I was as far as you can get from reception #62, 1st floor. Very quiet up there, away from the main...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank stmalcolm
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Heswall Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Unspecified
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Unable to fulfill booking because of critcal illness but the only way to cancel is by using an 0844 number. Having already paid, in full, in advance, for the room, expecting a customers to pay for a premium rate number to cancel the booking is just downright greedy. It certainly does not fall in to the category of "good customer service". The price the room was booked at on a "no refund/alteration" basis was fair but not stunningly cheap so not to be able to cancel without paying out yet more money was quite offensive and has put me off using Premier Inns again

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Anne N, Manager at Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank you once again for your review.

Team Leader
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heswall
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Leasowe Castle Hotel
Leasowe Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Leasowe
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa

Been to Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel? Share your experiences!