“Authentic Italian”

Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have been to Monte Carlo twice in the last 2 weeks and it has become a firm favourite. The staff are very attentive without being pushy and the food is delicious. Wednesday nights are really good value with all pasta dishes half price. We will be back!

1  Thank sandra f

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our first visit was with Australian visitors and all of us were impressed with the food and especially the service.

My husband loved the richness of the livers in madeira for a starter and the venison for his main course. The lasagne was abundant in size. Tiger prawns very tasty.

We were too full for puddings, but that lime cheesecake is a must for next time.

First visit great success, really pleased we chose Monte Carlo

1  Thank MrsBHeswall
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Sunday roast with flair in a beautiful restaurant. Lemon trees greet you at the door. Service second to none.
We will be back.

1  Thank sue22_9
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited last week for an unplanned meal out mid-week. We were one of only a few guests when we arrived, but by the end of our meal the place had filled up much more. We had starters and mains and found the food to be very authentic - we can recommend the salmon rolls for starter, and the monkfish for main. The food was not too fancy or pretentious, it was very flavoursome and simple. The staff were friendly and attentive. The restaurant itself is very bright and welcoming with a good atmosphere. We have sat at the bar on a Friday night and the place has been completely full. I'm glad to see a good business doing well. We'll certainly go back.

1  Thank ll0ydie
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was our first time to the Monte Carlo Restaurant and so we weren't too sure what to expect, particularly as it had just opened in Heswall. I took my husband for his birthday with our two children on the May Bank Holiday Monday.
It was a nice touch to have the glass front door opened for us by one of the staff, and it immediately made us feel special. On entering the restaurant it was light and airy with a nice relaxed feel to it, although we did notice that we were the only ones in the restaurant at that time. I felt that a bit more greenery within the restaurant would have been effective. I liked the overall design, and the tables and chairs were set out nicely with a very Italian feel.
The staff were very attentive and pleasant. I had the sirloin steak with a tomato, mushroom and onion sauce layered on top. The steak was lovely, and the vegetables were exceptionally nice I thought. My husband had the sole, which he thought was nice but not fantastic. The desserts lacked a bit of imagination though, and didn't have much 'plate appeal', although they tasted okay.
There was a slight lack of atmosphere due to the lack of diners in the restaurant, but I'm sure that once word gets around and they build up a good reputation this could change so easily within a few months. When we left at about 2.30pm there were a further four tables filled and people sitting outside drinking in the sunshine.

Overall if was a nice experience, and we plan to return in a few months once they are a little bit more established.

1  Thank 65flo65