“Sophisticated and welcoming”

Franklyn's Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 73 Restaurants in Heswall
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Franklyn's Bar & Kitchen is located in the heart of Heswall's restaurants. Set over 2 levels, the ground floor hosts the main bar area with booths and poseur tables - the perfect place to come as a couple or a group and sample the fine drinks and food on offer! The first floor is where you can find the Attic Bar - a loft style room with its own bar and terrace area. Already a favourite with the customers, The Attic Bar is available for private functions.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I went on a Thursday evening with a couple of my friends and we had a lovely evening! The atmosphere was really cosy but still with a stylish edge. I had the burger and it was to die for, as were the chips!! Will definitely be going back.

3  Thank Jill B

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Having been to Franklyn's several times now i can honestly say this is my favourite place to enjoy a drink with friends or simply have a bite to eat. The atmosphere is relaxed and sophisticated and very welcoming, no under 25's-an added bonus! If you enjoy a cocktail or two or any other tipple for that matter this is the place to be. The bartenders are all very knowledgeable and always attentive. The food is simple but delicious- i highly recommend the chicken platter to share with the table. Their 'Mojito Thursdays' is a great night with acoustic music and cocktail deals, a definite must if your in the Heswall area.
Overall a fantastic venue, delicious food, great service- will be back again very soon!

3  Thank Amy J
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I can honestly say, that last Sunday my wife and I were out with friends and had eaten just a couple of doors up the road. We decided to go in and have a drink but could not due to a group of people spitting drinks down from the top onto the pavement. just as we walked away because we were put off, someone vomited onto the pavement below.----Brilliant!!!!if that is the sort of people get in there then its not on our list sorry and its a pity as it looked quite a nice place

1  Thank WirralPaul
Garthacre, Owner at Franklyn's Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Paul, I am very sorry to hear of your bad experience. I know the night in question- we were hosting a Christmas party upstairs for one of the local restaurants. We had agreed to allow some of the younger staff in (normally a 25+ policy) considering it was private and a Sunday evening. Once I had heard of their behaviour, the function was ended immediately. I can assure you that is not our normal clientele and we have created an environment for nicer "older" patrons to enjoy a drink. I am certain you would enjoy an evening in Franklyn's should you come and visit again. Sincere apologies - The Franklyn's Team.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I go to many bars and restaurants, but I can honestly say it's a 'fantastic place, brilliant atmosphere, amazing staff and lovely food. They have music to suit all ages and this adds to the sophisticated atmosphere. I would highly recommend this bar/restaurant as one of the best on the Wirral!

3  Thank Louise L
Reviewed January 3, 2013

If people are on a night out in Heswall, they will be in here. Whether you want a coffee or a stronger drink, it's an over 25s bar and restaurant over two floors, located in the centre of Heswall. They don't claim to compete with the other fantastic resaturants in the area, they are completely unique and offer a completely different experience. Primarily a bar, the music is perfect, not too loud and not offensive. The ambiance is relaxed and inviting. Their attention to detail is first class. The staff are well trained, knowledgable and polite, offering table service for us lazy folk who don't want to move! They can make any cocktail that you can think of. The attic bar upstairs allows you to watch sport should you wish to on it's tv and houses a balcony overlooking the centre of Heswall allowing you watch the world go by. Take your folks, take your friends, no where else comes close to Franklyns feeling of comfort and enjoyment. I cannot recommend it more highly. Quite simply the best bar around.

3  Thank Co2g