“Simply Fabulous!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

What a hidden gem this wonderful restaurant is! Recommended by a friend we thought we would give it a try! Firstly the decor is lovely, not too much but modern clean and lovely unusual abstract artwork on the walls. Now onto the food...where to start! we were presented with a pre starter of black pudding, not like the slices in the supermarket this was balls but rolled in a tasty crispy coating, not greasy, absolutely delicious! I went for the chicken livers, cooked to perfection so tasty, my husband had the mackerel and said it was lovely. John Torode and Greg Wallace need to pay this place a visit! Main was chicken stuffed with haggis with aubergine and a few other veggies ..so tasty! We finished with cheese, 5 cheeses served on a slate served with chutney, grapes apple and celery and delicious biscuits studded with pistachio nuts and fruit, you could eat these on their own! The service was top notch and not rushed and staff pleasant! A truly lovely meal, we went for the early doors which made this a bargain! cant wait to return! Well done to Nova!

1  Thank clare w

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I attended the wine society dinner as a guest, the food and wines were superb. I have eaten here on four occasions and have always enjoyed first class fare.
Without doubt the best restaurant in Heswall and one of the best on the Wirral

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We ate at Nova as part of a special wine-tasting evening. The staff were extremely efficient & cheerful, despite the extra pressure of 30 people eating at the same time & the extra distraction of our having a wine expert on hand interupting proceedings. All in all a great experience.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was taken here by some friends for my birthday as a treat. I had not heard of Nova previously even though I am local, however it is a beautiful restauraunt, the staff are really friendly and the food is amazing. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recently attended Nova Restaurant with a party of friends from a local wine society for an evening of italian foods served with a selection of italian wines tasted blind. Moyo and Lana provided us with a fabulous evening of great food and wonderful friendly service and all 33 of us could not sing their praises any louder. They deserve to be number one restaurant on the Wirral.