“Fabulous and unusual food”
Review of Nova

Nova
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Heswall
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I cannot rate Nova enough. My husband and I try to go at least once a month, as the whole experience is fantastic. The service is friendly and efficient, the food is delicious from simple steaks (the biggest and best I've EVER tasted) to more unusual dishes that are great to experience things you would never be able to cook at home.
We love it here. The couple who have set up this restaurant know exactly what they are doing.
Nova is definitely one of the best restaurants on the Wirral.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was my first visit to "Nova" but one of our party was a regular customer. We were greeted by a very attentive lady and by the chef/owner. Whilst we were looking at the menus we were served with a canapé and baskets of homemade bread.
The Table d'hote lunch menu was very good value at £15 for I think 3 course (maybe 2). The food was excellent I selected Smoked Haddock fish cake followed by Veal Cheek and then an excellent Cheese Board. Everyone in the party enjoyed the meal and I will certainly go to "Nova" again

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The restaurant was full last night (about 36 covers) and it was a truly great night.
Food was excellent (as always) and the menu had such delights as sea bass, Poulet noir and a divine chocolate dessert.
Wines were chosen and provided by Tanners Wine Merchants who supplied an exceptional Blanquette de Limoux (methode champenoise that apparently predates champagne productuion - and those rogues from the champagne region nicked the process) that was fresh and exceptionally clean on the palette. The sweet red to accompany dessert was Maury Solera 1928 that was devine and like nothing I have has before. The nose was a bit like Bristol cream sherry but the taste was more of a madeira with raison notes - truly historic.
All this for only £45/head + a tip for the very hard working (and smiling staff)
Treat yourselves next time there is an event - but leave a table for us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank steve c
Reviewed March 20, 2013

2nd visit for us but a first for our ftiends. The food was delicious, pigeon starter so tender, i then had monkfish to follow done with hoi sin sauce, the taste combination was gorgeous. Our friends were equally impressed and will return again soon as will we.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

What a gem of a find, never expected such good food in this little restaurant. Staff great service perfect, food wonderful. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and family.