“GREAT Place to Stay and Eat!!!”
Review of The Jug & Bottle

and 1 more site!
The Jug & Bottle
Ranked #1 of 1 Heswall B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We selected the Jug and Bottle because of the name and price. We were not disappointed! Had a great stay and fabulous meals while at the Jug and Bottle in Heswall. Staff of Steve, Andy, George, Grace and the breakfast guy whom I didn't catch his name from Spain were fabulous! They help us with our travel plans, made us feel special. Newly remodeled and we'll definitely stay again when traveling in the Liverpool area. Thanks Jug and Bottle!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
StangeandCompany, General Manager at The Jug & Bottle, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank you for your review, It was a pleasure meeting you all, we hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip, and we hope to see you the next time your in the country.

Steve & the team

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have just returned from a two night stay at The Jug and Bottle as we had a family wedding in Heswall and can honestly say it was like being on holiday. Rooms were really clean and modern with everything you could want - not too fussy but lovely details. Restaurant and breakfast was like a boutique hotel and lovely Tony could not have been more professional and attentive - also very kind with the children, helping them with their menu choices. Breakfast was perfect with a small selection of everything that was topped up continually - very fresh. All the staff could not have been more helpful, from the lovely girls on the bar to Steve and the chefs.
The refurb is a really high spec for an inn, sorry I didn't take photos. This is a pub with rooms above which is reflected in the price - not a hotel - but if you are looking for a short stay with great views, this is the place. Looking forward to booking again - would be a crime to stay in a TravelLodge if you are anywhere near Heswall. Thanks Steve and Team.

Room Tip: Room 7 is directly over the bar so was a bit noisy in the evening - didn't bother us, but rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
StangeandCompany, General Manager at The Jug & Bottle, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, we look forward to you staying with us in the near future.

All the best Steve and the Team

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Room was spot on and breakfast was excellent. Steve and the staff all very welcoming. We arrived in the middle of the renovations and are sure when they are all done the place will look fab. Even though things were being painted and moved around, that didn't put us off and if we are ever back in this part of the world then we will definitely be coming back to check out how it all looks when it is finished! Great place to stay at a superb price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonny F
StangeandCompany, General Manager at The Jug & Bottle, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for you very kind review, I am sorry for any disruption you may have encountered, but I am very glad you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to you staying with us again next time you are in the area.

Steve & the team

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Booked for four night stay and arrived at 19.00 looking forward to the stay as so many good reports. Satnav took me to the avenue and at the end there was an oldish large house with some tables outside being the only indication of its present use as a hotel....not one sign on sight.

So feeling a lttle uneasy, I went from the car park around the side of the house and noted little activuty or sign of humans!! in the the front door and a smell of paint indicated that they were in the thoes of renovation!!

Very friendly guy said they were indeed underaking renovations and had beeb hit with delays but, as my wife was having an ankle operation the nexr da, all he ciuld offer by way of food was take away!!

I explained that no one had told me of the renovations and we agreed that, if I did come back within 3 hours, he waould accept we had found an alternative and would cancel the reservation made through Bookking.com where no funds had been taken from my account!

Maybe next time.....

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ustaritz
StangeandCompany, Manager at The Jug & Bottle, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for your review, once again, I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused, I hope you choose to stay with the next time you visit the area.

Steve

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We arrived in the snow and were met by Steve and his team who couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. The rooms are spotless and comfortable and after a good night's sleep we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Barbara Y
StangeandCompany, General Manager at The Jug & Bottle, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, It was lovely to meet you all, I hope next time you stay with us the weather will be greatly improved (well at least no snow anyway) !!

Steve & The Team

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for business in January and i'm glad I did, fed up with premier inn thought i'd try somewhere else. Hotel Manager Steve is a very nice man and made you feel welcome the moment you arrive. The rooms are clean and a nice size and i can promise you if i'm that way again this will be my first point of call. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jc1210

Thank you for you very kind review, It was great meeting you, we hope you choose to stay with us next time your in the area.

Steve & The Team

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed here on two separate occasions and have been treated exceptionally on both.

Steve the manager couldn't do enough for me and even offered to carry my bags up to my room. The bar holds a friendly and chilled atmosphere with polite and accommodating staff.

Having been hungover on both of my stays, I haven't actually made it to breakfast but Steve's wife Julie makes a spiffingly good cup of coffee which sorted me right out :)

I would 100 percent recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay over in The Wirral and I will certainly be gracing The Jug and Bottle with my presence very soon :)

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank NaomiRJ
StangeandCompany, General Manager at The Jug & Bottle, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your lovely review, we all look forward to you staying with us again, and hopefully making it to breakfast !

Steve & the team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Heswall
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Travelodge Bromborough Hotel
Travelodge Bromborough Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bromborough
Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake

Been to The Jug & Bottle? Share your experiences!