“Lovely stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Heswall B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Room was spot on and breakfast was excellent. Steve and the staff all very welcoming. We arrived in the middle of the renovations and are sure when they are all done the place will look fab. Even though things were being painted and moved around, that didn't put us off and if we are ever back in this part of the world then we will definitely be coming back to check out how it all looks when it is finished! Great place to stay at a superb price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jonny F
StangeandCompany, General Manager at The Jug & Bottle, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for you very kind review, I am sorry for any disruption you may have encountered, but I am very glad you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to you staying with us again next time you are in the area.

Steve & the team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Europe
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Booked for four night stay and arrived at 19.00 looking forward to the stay as so many good reports. Satnav took me to the avenue and at the end there was an oldish large house with some tables outside being the only indication of its present use as a hotel....not one sign on sight.

So feeling a lttle uneasy, I went from the car park around the side of the house and noted little activuty or sign of humans!! in the the front door and a smell of paint indicated that they were in the thoes of renovation!!

Very friendly guy said they were indeed underaking renovations and had beeb hit with delays but, as my wife was having an ankle operation the nexr da, all he ciuld offer by way of food was take away!!

I explained that no one had told me of the renovations and we agreed that, if I did come back within 3 hours, he waould accept we had found an alternative and would cancel the reservation made through Bookking.com where no funds had been taken from my account!

Maybe next time.....

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ustaritz
StangeandCompany, Manager at The Jug & Bottle, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review, once again, I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused, I hope you choose to stay with the next time you visit the area.

Steve
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We arrived in the snow and were met by Steve and his team who couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. The rooms are spotless and comfortable and after a good night's sleep we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Barbara Y
StangeandCompany, General Manager at The Jug & Bottle, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, It was lovely to meet you all, I hope next time you stay with us the weather will be greatly improved (well at least no snow anyway) !!

Steve & The Team
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for business in January and i'm glad I did, fed up with premier inn thought i'd try somewhere else. Hotel Manager Steve is a very nice man and made you feel welcome the moment you arrive. The rooms are clean and a nice size and i can promise you if i'm that way again this will be my first point of call. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jc1210
Thank you for you very kind review, It was great meeting you, we hope you choose to stay with us next time your in the area.

Steve & The Team
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed here on two separate occasions and have been treated exceptionally on both.

Steve the manager couldn't do enough for me and even offered to carry my bags up to my room. The bar holds a friendly and chilled atmosphere with polite and accommodating staff.

Having been hungover on both of my stays, I haven't actually made it to breakfast but Steve's wife Julie makes a spiffingly good cup of coffee which sorted me right out :)

I would 100 percent recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay over in The Wirral and I will certainly be gracing The Jug and Bottle with my presence very soon :)

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank NaomiRJ
StangeandCompany, General Manager at The Jug & Bottle, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review, we all look forward to you staying with us again, and hopefully making it to breakfast !

Steve & the team.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stay here quite often for work and we always enjoy our stay. Staff are helpful and friendly. Good drinks selection if you're spending the evening there and a lovely 'proper' fireplace. Only downside is the single payne windows which can be quite noisy at night if windy and you're on the wrong side of the building. The town's main high street is just around the corner and has a selection of good restaurants, in particular the Italian.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank peteherbert82
StangeandCompany, General Manager at The Jug & Bottle, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for your review, and for choosing to stay with us again, we look forward to your next visit.

Steve and the Team
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just have to recommend this place to anyone staying on The Wirral. From the moment we arrived and were welcomed by the manager Steve we knew we had found a great place to stay. We stayed in room 2 a lovely big room with amazing views across the estaury. The room was spotless with a TV, tea & coffee making facilities in the room and the bathroom obviously very recently refurbished to very high standard with plently of good quality toiletries supplied.

The restaurant is currently closed but the village is just a very short walk (less than 5 minitues) from the hotel and you can pick and choose from a variety of food in the centre. The bar area is good with some lovely arm chairs and open fire.

Breakfast in the morning was freshly cooked to order and plentifull. This really is a friendly and very welcoming place to stay.

Room Tip: The Jug & Bottle is at the end of a cul de sac with no passing traffic and from what we saw all...