All reviews the main hotel steam room included in our package photo booth beautiful wedding master of ceremonies grounds are lovely birthday treat two singles pushed together wedding breakfast civil ceremony waiting staff christmas lunch parsnips lady on reception wedding reception full swing
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

Visited today with sister as part of my Xmas present.
Signposting very poor when you arrive at the hotel , with no obvious signage to the Spa.
Very small spa but enjoyed a relaxing day, shame more was not made of the outside space, as lovely mild day which could have been enjoyed under cosy throws with patio heaters on. Wasted opportunity here.
Lunch OK but smallish portions, I wouldn't have been happy paying £14.95 for my salad ( but was part of package) . Came without stated avocado so even less value for money!
Menus all out of date, still got Xmas on front.
Were only offered a complimentary breakfast tea or Americano coffee, any thing else charged at full rate. Would be a nice touch to have beverage of choice ( obviously not alcohol).
Probably wouldn't visit again as can get larger Spa facilities at better value elsewhere.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2019 via mobile

My mum and I went to the secret garden day spa in half term.
We were welcomed with a shot of pomegranate apple and something and it was delicious and fresh!
Then received our locker information and ordered our lunch as they advised they got very busy and went to enjoy the spa.
The facilities are of excellent quality, it looks brand new. We particularly enjoyed the Himalayan salt room was warm with lovely views. Pool isn’t for swimming just relaxin but was nice. All the rooms were clean etc.
We had drinks from the ice with lemon/cucumber station in the morning and was lovely but unfortunately wasn’t regularly topped up.
Our treatments were relaxing and with my pedicure lots of choice of the scents which were all lovely.

For lunch we had crayfish and avacado salad which was delicious and fresh. We also saw pizzas coming out which we fancied too.

Unfortunately a lemon muffin I ordered was frozen in the middle and my smoothie was warm (left on a soup setting apparently). Duty manager was nice and removed them from the bill and apologised.

My main negative here is there was additional snacks you could add on for example we asked for the cakes in the afternoon tea but was told there wasn’t enough and the only offering wasn’t what was in the menu that needed to be pre ordered was a cake of the day (which we didn’t fancy) or pre packaged like shop bought flapjack which again wasn’t what we wanted. I really think they could make more of the food and drink service.

Having said all of this we had a lovely day and will go back but next time book extra snacks as we were there all day on a very light lunch!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Rona D, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Thank you so much for your review following your recent visit to our Secret Garden Spa, and it seems you had a really enjoyable experience.
Thanks to your feedback, we now feature additional "snack items" and revisited some of the menu content in the spa.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable stay. The spa facilities were lovely but we were disappointed to not be able to book any treatments (in advance) due to them being full.

Our room was lovely (double executive) and big with old fashioned decor and I had the best night sleep I have had in a long time! Very comfortable bed. Ear plugs are recommended.

Dinner was tasty and the service was amazing, a little too good! We had ordered and eaten a three course meal in around 45 minutes! It would have been nice to have a little more time in between courses.

Breakfast was great, a large tasty selection. They kept running out of plates, eggs and black pudding which were not replenished very quickly which was a shame and we had to queue up a few times to get the items we required from the hot buffet.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review.
Our Garden Secret Spa is very popular so we would always recommend booking treatments in advance of your stay so that you are not disappointed if the spa is full when you are here.
Thank you for your kind words on your room, your evening dinner and breakfast. Sounds like you had a weekend breakfast from your comments, better getting to breakfast around 30/40 minutes before service closes so you won`t have to wait for refills.

Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

On first arrival we checked in and found we were staying in a separate location to the main hotel, we drove round and the location was perfect and so close to the spa!

The room was large and spacious and so warm!! Ideal for February! We had a downstairs bathroom and large living room area! The room was pretty decent but the cleaners do need to step it up a bit, dusty and stains all around.. felt as though I needed to wash the glasses for drinking myself as they looked a bit minging, knives and forks a bit grim. just needs a bit of tlc I think?

The spa was absolutely lovely though, could do with a few improvements though.. the foot spa only has one setting, the foot spas we’ve been to usually have a hot and cold option. The experience showers don’t have mist or smells or sounds, it’s just a cold or hot shower. The pool is a lovely temperature though and the saunas and steam rooms are lovely. Water on the side is also a nice touch, lemon and cucumber.

Lunch was ok, the toppings a bit strange, olives on a pizza but just thrown on? Bit odd.. usually sliced but anyway that’s just a little thing. Tasted decent!

3 course meal, I’m not fancy and I didn’t enjoy the 3 course meal, wasn’t my cup of tea if I’m being completely honest. Chicken leg cold, turkey breast and pork loin both nice but when using a butter knife.. bit of a joke really. Dessert just ok? That’s all I’d say really it wasn’t fancy and didn’t taste amazing, wouldn’t be telling the world about the food.

Massages we had were perfect though, really relaxing!

Getting to sleep, we were the downstairs room so we could hear every. Single. Movement. Breath. Everything. From upstairs, they may as well have been in our room.

Overall though it was a decent hotel and we both had a lovely time just wouldn’t visit again because it wasn’t spectacular it was just ok, there’s nothing wrong with that but I was expecting a bit more.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2019

My husband had bookec us a night here as we wanted to visit the area and it was a birthday treat for me. We were quite surprised at the location as we approached as the photos give the appearance of a rural location. Check in was straightforward and the reception staff were efficient and pleasant. The room (122) was a bit disappointing as it felt dated and a bit tatty. It was very warm as well (even though it was mid feb) and the bathroom was sweltering. There is no air con or thermostat and the radiator wasn’t on. We had to prop the sash window open with the tissue box from the bathroom as it wouldn’t stay open. Dinner was fine, good vale for money but nothing special. The staff were friendly and served us well. The dining room could do with bringing into the 21st century though. All felt a bit 1990s. When we went to bed we were surprised to find blankets on the bed rather than a duvet. We had to shut the window as we were above the car park and the room became very warm again. We slept (not very well) under the sheet and we both found the bed quite hard. We also realised that we could hear every noise from the adjoining room, even what they were saying. The shower wasn’t very good and it lost pressure at one point. Breakfast was the normal buffet fayre.
Overall, we wouldn’t stay again but we considered it would be good value with a better room.