“fantastic wedding!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brimington
south yorkshire
“fantastic wedding!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

we got married at ringwood hall on the 7th June 2013, just wanted to thank all the staff and wedding planners for making our day so special, everything ran so smoothly and went perfect all the staff from reception to waiters, were amazing and all our guest commented on the professionalism, politeness and welcoming staff. Especially wanted to say a special thanks to the MC Lyndon was a god send, made everything so easy and put me completely at ease and I cant thank him enough.

Would deffinately recommend this venue to anyone that asks me 100%, we wouldn't change anything at all.

thankyou again

Room Tip: we stayed in the renishaw suite, was beautiful room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RonaCosh, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Delighted that our team provided you with the wedding day of your dreams and that everything exceeded your expectations.

It was a lovely sunny and warm day and so your plans to be married outside in the Garden Pavilion in our beautiful back gardens became a reality. The Garden Pavilion, in its stunning setting, provides the start of a wonderful day.

Your recommendation speaks volumes and you can be certain that all those involved in providing you with the wedding day of your dreams would like to collectively wish you a long, happy, healthy and prosperous married life together.

We have very special terms for couples returning to celebrate their first anniversary, so please get in touch with us so that we can organise that for you and then have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Ringwood Hall.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for three nights. I was in one of the apartments, which was amazing. Beautifully decorated, very clean and everything you would need for a stay. Only a bath though, no shower. The grounds are beautiful as is the building of the main hotel. Restaurant left a lot to be desired. Staff were not competent. Mistakes were made several times with meal orders and in fact missing meals. A dead fly in my water glass made me leave the restaurant. The chef did make me a packed lunch for a long day away though, which was lovely.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Deb H
Thank you for recent review following your 3 night stay in one of our luxury apartments and delighted that you found every aspect of the accommodation to be spot on.

Your unhappy experience in the restaurant is disappointing and if I may say your observations are very unusual. Generally the team in there receive nothing but praise for their friendly, professional and efficient service, although occasionally something can go wrong.

Delighted that your last memory of us was one of an excellent packed lunch provided for you on departure. We do always try to "go that extra mile".

As a business traveller we do hope that you will return to once again enjoy our lovely facilities and to give us another chance with the restaurant.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip, mid June. Had a few hiccups with check-in as my booking confirmation stated payment had been made at time of booking ( by my company) but upon arrival it transpired the hotel had no record of this so I had to make payment at check in. This was soon sorted out, and I was given my room keys. The lady did explain that it was a bit of a way to my room, but in actual fact it was a really long way ( up two flights of stairs, along a corridor, up another mini flight of stairs, down 4 steps along another corridor, turn left and then down a flight of stairs) however it was really well signed so no getting lost!

Once I got to my room I was pleasantly surprised with how nice it was, very clean and spacious, with a lovely bathroom and fluffy towels. The bed was very comfy too and I slept exceptionally well ( possibly as they have very thick black out curtains- which are great).

The Gym facilities were limited but very well presented and had most machines you would need, it was very well maintained and all the staff I came into contact with were very helpful and friendly.

Sadly I cannot be so positive about the restaurant.I had made a reservation for 8pm for dinner, and as I arrived in the cocktail bar ( as instructed) at 7.45 I was advised there was a slight delay, no problem I thought, but at 8.45 my patience did start to wear thin. Finally my order was taken and I was taken through to the main dining area. My food came and was not as described at all, ( chicken tomato and basil pasta topped with parmesan). What actually came was chargrilled vegetables and pasta with some chicken. ( no parmesan, or basil). The staff were run off their feet, but as the young waitress approached me to ask if everything was okay- I stated I wasn't very happy and she just said that's great and dashed back off. I did mention this again when my plate was taken away still half full - but they didn't seem concerned, more preoccupied with getting the tables turned around quickly.

Would stay at the hotel again hapily but will not be eating with them again in a hurry.

Room Tip: Beware when they say "your room is a little way- they do mean it"
1 Thank Countrycharmer
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was booked as a last minute booking. I got a very good price and certainly wasn't disappointed with the hotel. It was everything I expected from a traditional hotel of this type. Friendly and helpful staff, nicely decorated and clean room. The bed was comfortable and I slept very well. The shower was good and the bathroom was spotless. The buffet breakfast was very good value. The hotel was set in lovely gardens with plenty of space to park. I would certainly recommend Ringwood Hall Hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the building are a little quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the trouble to leave the lovely review.

Delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that you would recommend Ringwood Hall Hotel to all your friends and family.

Last minute bookings whilst not always guaranteeing availability does generally provide excellent price opportunities and therefore, exceptional value too.

Always wise to make contact with the hotel reception team to discuss the style and location of the room to best suit your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and to providing you with excellent service and cuisine once again.
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Ringwood Hall Hotel is a real gem of a hotel. A short stay with a girlfriend was made into a luxurious treat by the standard and quality of the hotel itself and the attention and friendliness of its wonderful staff. Everyone was welcoming and attentive from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The hotel is set in lovely grounds, with individual gardens and styles at every turn - perfect for a pre-dinner (or in our case breakfast) stroll. Our room was lovely, tastefully furnished with nice artwork and fabrics and the bathroom, modern and spotlessly clean. It contained all we needed and had a great shower.

The public areas are exquisitely furnished with beautiful drapes, comfy sofas and the decor of the highest standard. This complements the history of the building (which was explained to us by Lyndsay) with its lovely decorative plaster mouldings and staircase, which is the focal point of the reception. All this grandeur is enhanced by the attentive and efficient staff who were very welcoming throughout our stay. Everyone smiled and greeted us and we were made to feel very special. We didn't have dinner at the hotel so I cannot comment on the food in the evening, however the breakfast was excellent, with such a wonderful selection of food we really were spoiled for choice. There was a wide range of continental choices as well as the 'Full English' - something often lacking in most hotels. Our waitress,'Charlie' explained that the the buffet was self-service, but also offered to fetch food for us if we preferred. We decided to serve ourselves from the buffet and were not disappointed. There is no lift to the upper floor, but we were offered help with our luggage, which we declined. There is also a gym and pool, which sadly on this occasion due to lack of time, we were unable to take advantage of.

All in all I thought the Ringwood Hall Hotel very good value for money. I would certainly stay there again next time I visit that part of the country and would highly recommend it. It's also a great base for nearby attractions such as Chatsworth, Bakewell and of course the 'Crooked Spire' Church of St Mary and All Saints. Chesterfield also has a fantastic Open Air Market.

Room Tip: Our room was in the 'Garden wing' which had a great view and was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Furbit
Wow, what a wonderful review.

Delighted that you describe us as a "real gem of a hotel" and thrilled to read your lovely description of our facilities.

As a privately owned property we are fortunate to enjoy the benefit of constant and ongoing refurbishment both internally within the building, in the bedrooms and public areas, and also externally in our wonderful 29 acres of back garden and parkland.

Many guests enjoy a stroll in our gardens pre-dinner or post breakfast marvelling at the amazing restoration that has taken place over the last 14 years. Work is still in progress as we endeavour to restore the gardens, which suffered complete dereliction in the 1950`s, to their former glory.

Great advice to guests looking for a base to visit the medieval market town of Chesterfield with the open air market and the ` Crooked Spire ` church as well as internationally reowned historic locations such as Chatsworth House, Bolsover Castle, Hardwick Hall and the pretty tourist attractions of Bakewell, Matlock and Crich.

Good advice to liase with reception when booking rather than online to make sure that the accommodation allocated suits the needs of the client and the purpose of the visit. Rooms located in the Bothy Courtyard may be a short distance walk but they are remarkably private whilst rooms in the Garden Wing require the negotiation of corridors and steps, but have the wonderful views of the back garden.

So much to choose from and so many options !

Your review is wonderful, thank you so much for writing it. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding mid June (our daughter had her wedding here five years ago), and the hotel was just as good as we remembered. Our room was clean with views over the beautiful gardens at Ringwood Hall; the staff were extremely helpful and polite at all times even on a busy Saturday when there were three weddings at the hotel. The food at the reception was excellent as was the breakfast next morning. Cannot think of anything negative to say! I just need another excuse to stay there, as the hotel is only a few miles from home!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write this charming review.

It was a pleasure to welcome you back after 5 years and delighted that you found everything to exceed your expectations once more.

Once again the credit for the welcome you received really does lie with the team here at Ringwood who always offer friendly, caring personable yet professional service.

Delighted that you enjoyed your restaurant experiences and with so many lovely special events featured throughout the calendar and very attractive reduced charges to attend these events. - no need to wait too long for an excuse to return.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Deightful hotel - not contempory but homely. Food was lovely & served with a smile. The gardens are very well kept & very chilaxing to sit in - before & after dinner. Location good from Leeds or York - easily commutable. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
What a lovely description of our hotel and a delightful review, thank you.

Our location at the "gateway to the peak district" is wonderful for our leisure breaks but also our position close to the M1 corridor makes us very accessible from major cities north and south.

Delighted that you enjoyed chilling in our lovely manicured back garden and we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back again to enjoy our tasty food and friendly service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brimington
Peak Edge Hotel
The Morley Hayes Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
#1 of 1 in Palterton

Been to Ringwood Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!