“BAD SERVICE- CHEF SO RUDE”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Osteria Dante

Osteria Dante
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Potters Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Contemporary family run Italian restaurant established in 2008
Potters Bar, United Kingdom
“BAD SERVICE- CHEF SO RUDE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

myself and 2 friends went to here around half 8 last night (monday 17th Feb) as it states open til 10pm. we have been once before and had a nice meal. it looked as if they were closing as had no customers so i politely asked if they were still open for dinner. The waiter said yes come in and seated us. The chef and waiter then started talking in a language loudly but we couldn't understand. The waiter then came over to take our order, we had planned to order a starter and main each but as we had just been to the gym ordered a jug of water to come first. They both then started speaking so we couldn't understand again and we felt very awkward. I then asked if there was a problem and the chef said 'I make effort to stay open for you, no problem. you order tap water, big problem' I felt this was so rude and we were all quite shocked by his response. He then went on and we decided to leave and not as we got up he said sarcastically 'bye'. i cant believe he can treat paying customers this way! i will not be going back and will pass this on to everyone i know.

3 Thank CLA123CLA

Hertfordshire
“lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

went for lunch today. It was our first visit. We were made very welcome and the chef came out to say hello. The manager checked regularly to see if we were enjoying our meal. Everything was cooked fresh and was delicious. There was a set lunch menu which was very good value. We will go again.

London, United Kingdom
“The Best Italian Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I am a regular diner at this Italian restaurant. If you are in or near Potters Bar and are looking for somewhere to go for a really good Italian lunch or dinner, you really must go to Osteria Dante. The food is freshly prepared and cooked to order, there are always specials on the board, and whatever you order is absolutely delicious, very reasonably priced and good value for money. My husband loves their Wild Boar Pate, which he says is the best he has eaten anywhere. The chef and his staff are so accommodating and child friendly. I would thoroughly recommend the restaurant. Give it a try - believe me you will love it!

Welwyn Garden City
“My first visit to Osteria Dante certainly won't be my last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

This really is a fab little gem of a restaurant - I had a lovely lunch here with my parents this afternoon - they visit the restaurant often but it was my first visit.
The calamari was utterly delicious as was the fresh tiger prawns in a spicy tomato sauce.
The service was attentive without being intrusive - I will certainly be returning - in fact I can hardly wait.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best italian in Hertfordshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Always a friendly and genuine welcome by the owner and staff alike. The restaurant is always spotlessly clean and tidy.
The food is freshly prepared and cooked to order, with regular specials on the board. There is a good choice of food on the main menu.
Family friendly but you can always have a romantic meal as well. My husband and I are regular visitors to Osteria Dante and I can guanantee you will not be disappointed.