“Relaxing atmosphere and great value food”
Review of Bistro the Walk

Bistro the Walk
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Potters Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Hi - the Bistro is perfect for either casual dining or even just a coffee mid morning. The menu is varied and good value and the food is consistent. The staff are very friendly and approachable and we've always had a good experience there.

1  Thank Sandi78

Reviewed March 11, 2014

good food, lovley service, buzzy atmosphere, value for money. what more could you want? the kids like it here, as do my elderly parents so they must be doing something right!

2  Thank JacquiG383
Reviewed March 6, 2014

First visit tonight and very impressed, staff very friendly and attentive, complimentary bread and olives on arrival, vast choice of food on menu, nicely presented and fresh clean tasting, looking forward to returning and trying more dishes :)

2  Thank lisarutt
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have given the bistro an average rating and called this review pot luck because that is exactly what it is, I've been to this restaurant a long time ago and found it to be very good value for money a few weeks ago me and my wife went on a Saturday night we arrived at 6-45 we had a three course meal and left at 7-45 to say I felt rushed was a understatement I was still chewing my last mouthful of my mixed grill when I was asked if I would like dessert or coffee in which I explained I was still chewing my dinner we was not offered another drink just straight to the third course.This is not the place for a romantic meal the decor is very basic uncomfortable chairs and big open windows for passers by to watch you eat.
The food is cooked well but the quality of the meat is not great for the prices which I think have crept up over the course of time the lamb is very fatty and chewy but the home made chilli sauce is fantastic,
The good thing about this restaurant is that you can take the kids and the do have a kids menu and the staff are very friendly just don't bother on a Saturday night we did return last Sunday after two other places were fully booked and got a big table straight away the food was enjoyable but I thought the bill was quite excessive considering three children's meal came to £15 and no one had a starter and only one person had to beers the bill came to £150-50 now this is hard to calculate when there are no prices on the menu, what else I noticed was the set meal on a Sunday is more expensive than mon-sat who knows why.
I've rated this as average because there's nothing outstanding but the food is nice enough and yes I probably would return when ? I do not know.

1  Thank goonerboy_10
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The restaurant décor was nice, the food came hot and nicely presented. The staff were attentive and I loved the great value.