“Spanish evening”
Review of Rose and Crown

Rose and Crown
Reserve with OpenTable
Rose and Crown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 68 Restaurants in Rickmansworth
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional 17th century pub with a cosy bar, elegant dining room, and huge beer garden with beautiful views. The food is locally sourced, freshly cooked by our chef team.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

our forth visit to the rose and crown and well worth it,the service was great, lovely to see so many of the family helping out, great food and atmosphere,really enjoyed the tapas couple with a great selection of wines, will defiantly be back for more soon…

Sheila H, Owner at Rose and Crown, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

So glad you enjoyed the Spanish night, we have Burns night on 25th January and valentines on the 14th February, details on our website. We hope to welcome you again soon, many thanks for your review.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

My partner and I decided to go back to the Rose and Crown to have a spot of midweek lunch yesterday and were not disappointed with the experience.
We only wanted a light lunch and the specials of the day seemed just the ticket, a good selection of 5 or 6 specials to choose from was ideal, I had a Wood pigeon salad and Alison had the King Prawn salad, both of which were excellent and perfectly cooked and presented.
The ambiance of the pub was excellent with two fires burning away and mellow background music, clean and tidy and the staff were all very friendly.
I will go again soon.

It's great to hear that you are returning to the Rose and Crown and enjoying your meals. We have a new menu now which includes some of the old traditional favourites plus many home made specialities created by our new chef. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is our second visit for lunch in the last six weeks and we have enjoyed it very much. This is a traditional olde worlde pub tucked away on the edge of Harefield but well worth seeking out. The lunch time menu has both sandwiches and main meals as well as some interesting dishes to share. The food is very good quality with good size portions. The staff are very polite, friendly and welcoming. We will certainly be visiting again soon.

Sheila H, Owner at Rose and Crown, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent review, it's great to hear that you've enjoyed your visit. We have a new chef who started with us last week and we are very excited about he's plans for our new menu. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have been going to this pub for donkeys years and there are so many plus sides, it is a beautiful old pub with a beautiful wisteria climbing over the front. The garden is massive and fabulous in summer. The bar is quaint and charming and the menu is really pretty good and a good selection of wines and beers. I have had a number of good meals here too, the problem is really the welcome. My Mum, Aunt and I called in at 8.02pm the other Monday night to grab a quick bite to eat after a hard days work. We were told that the kitchen was closed at 8pm and they couldn't serve us?? I find this quite unbelievable to be honest as collectively we go in and eat quite a lot. Mum and my Aunty went in the next day and enjoyed a good meal, I have to say I wouldn't have bothered after the day before, but each to their own and I know they like to support this lovely local. I would certainly recommend people try this idyllic pub but I would also recommend that the owners work on creating a welcoming environment and also try to look after locals, I mean how much effort would it have taken to offer us a sandwich? Poor customer relations, get this sorted and my rating would go up, this lovely pub could be heaving and vibrant it just needs a really good front of house to go with the rest of the offering.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Went for Sunday lunch and was served cold chewy lamb .An adjoining table had the same problem .Was offered complimentary tea/coffee in lieu but would much have preferred an enjoyable meal .

2  Thank Adrian H
Sheila H, Owner at Rose and Crown, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your Sunday lunch and infact found the meat 'chewy', you also say that an adjoining table felt the same, we did not have any feedback from those customers, and therefore I cannot comment. I have not had a complaint regarding our lamb previously, which is supplied by a very reputable local company, but I will certainly look into it. I appreciate our customers opinions and will endeavour to find out why that lamb appeared to be unacceptable to you.