“A jewel of a place...”

The Cafe in the Park
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An all-day dining venue with sustainability at the heart of everything we do.Core menu with daily specials, all bread and cakes baked in house. Speciality coffee, British wines and beers. Many products sourced locally, all meat is free-range. Serving breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Head Chef - Will Hitchcock, ex-sous chef at Jamie Oliver's Fifteen, London.
Watford, United Kingdom
“A jewel of a place...”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We visit frequently, and are always given a warm, friendly welcome. The food is excellent – pure ingredients mostly locally sourced, beautifully cooked – delicious! Their soups, with home-made rolls, or the Street Salad are our favourites for lunch, and their fresh cakes are impossible to resist at any time! The staff are young and always ready with a smile, un-flappable even at the weekends when the café is buzzing. Mums with babes and toddlers are especially well catered fo, and there is a Quiet Room if that’s what you prefer. We love the place, summer or winter!

• Visited September 2013

Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
“My daily dose of sanity!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I regularly walk my dog at the aquadrome and always, without fail, pop into the best cafe for a cuppa! Best for the food, friendly, happy staff, chilled atmosphere and music. It's a real pick-me-up any day of the week! Can thoroughly recommend the breakfasts and home-made muffins, that arrive with delicious poached eggs and hollandaise sauce! There's always a doggie treat too, so I'd say it's a favourite with my woofer too!

• Visited August 2013
cafeinthepark, Owner at The Cafe in the Park, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thanks Ruth, for taking the time to put your thoughts on here.

One of the best parts of our job is serving regular customers, getting to know people, building up a rapport. Thank you so much for your support.

Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
“Great food - good value”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We go here quite a lot and the food is always interesting, well presented and fresh.
The soups are to die for with the mushroom being the best.
They make great bread pudding and you have to get it quickly before it goes.
In the summer you can sit outside with the view of the lake.
The staff are friendly and accommodating.
You can always walk off lunch around the lakes afterwards too.

• Visited August 2013
cafeinthepark, Owner at The Cafe in the Park, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
THank you so much for your review, we really do appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know what you thought.

We have a lot of regular customers which makes our job such a pleasure, seeing people return again and again. Do continue to let us know any feedback you may have and thank you again fro your time.

Regards

“And our dog came too”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The three of us my wife, myself and a family friend hadn't visited Marlow for years but we are glad we did and enjoyed an enjoyable lunch at The Cafe In The Park. Higgison Park, Marlow.

I had the Street Salad and my wife and our friend had Pitta bread wraps. one with Falafel (balls do fried chickpeas with onion & spices) and one with Free Range Chicken. The cafe was busy and I quite expected a lengthy wait but to my surprise were served within fifteen minutes. We drank good cups of tea served in sensible cups whilst waiting and chatting.
Well done Cafe In The Park. Interesting! Tasty food. Nicely presented and affordable.

Did I mention we took our dog. As there are outside tables as well as a covered dining area.

Visited August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback and for posting photos.

We are very proud of our food and a lot of effort goes into it so it's lovely to hear that it's been enjoyed. Our falafel are one of our best selling items, both they and the street salad have bundles of fresh herbs and are made everyday.

Thanks for taking the time to write your review and do let us know if you have any feedback from future visits.

Regards

London, United Kingdom
“The perfect park cafe”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

What a superb find. A friendly cafe with great service, great food and a lovely atmosphere.

Freshly cooked delicious food - the falafel flat bread was really tasty and filling - good sized portions and interesting salads too.

The selection of freshly baked cakes made it really hard to choose which one would be the best. I'm sure they would all be good. The ginormous wedge of carrot cake was moist,carrotty and with loads of cream cheese icing, though I doubt it would be low cal!

Overall, this dog friendly cafe is just damn perfect for an afternoon in the park. I plan to go back for breakfast to try their home baked bread.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we really appreciate it.

It is particularly nice for us to receive good feedback on these busy days, showing us that we are still looking after our customers right.

Please do let us have any more feedback from future visits.

Many thanks again.