“Family meal”

The Scotsbridge Mill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is such a beautiful restaurant in an old Mill. The Food is very good and my granddaughters children's meal was really good and freshly prepared. The staff were very helpful and we were all happy with our food. It is next to a lovely children's park so after the children can let off some steam

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great location, interesting place, very tasty food and good service. Our waitress was excellent, but the bar staff took 45 minutes to get my daughter a coke and had to be reminded 2 times, otherwise I would have given a higher score! Not as many vegetarian dishes as we would have liked (pizza and pasta are a bit boring for veggies!), so 3 of us had veggie starters with side dishes which worked really well. Pizza a bit disappointing, tasty, but not very crispy or Italian. However the starter sharer plates and our veggie starters were excellent, and the imaginative green salads and fries were the best that we have had for a long time. We booked online for a Saturday night and were advised that we had to vacate the table within 2 hours. Since we only had 2 courses we were able to eat within our 2 hour slot - not sure what would have happened had we wanted desserts and coffees since the service was not the fastest... All in all a very enjoyable birthday meal.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I've been here many times over the years, lovely place, great atomosphere, staff are friendly but I do feel it's pretty expensive & there's not a huge selection to choose from. However the food was ok, found no faults but for the prices I really would expect more.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Location is great and we were lucky to get a table outside. Starters were good but the spit chicken ordered for main course was dry. The staff did their best considering it was extremely busy.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The location is excellent, right on the river and a childrens playground conviniently located across from the parking area. The restaurant itself is stylishly decorated but if you look too closely you'll find the upholstery on the chairs rather grubby.

We booked our table for 12:00 on the Sunday of the bank holiday weekend and I found the service extremely slow even though the restaurant wasn't too busy. We had to ask for colouring pencils for my daughter and these were only brought after I noticed a couple of the other larger tables had been given them.

The rustic bread platter to start was out of this world however the roasted garlic was cold. Almost as though it had been cooked earlier and then refridgerated.

We had the chicken and leek pie for our main course and although it was a generous portion, the pie was rather tasteless. I had the feeling I could have made a tastier meal myself.

My daugher had the macaroni cheese from the childrens menu and a very tasty looking sundae for dessert but although the childrens menu had been advertised as fixed price, we were charged individually for all the items. I didnt even query it because the staff seemed so rushed and harrassed I thought I'd have to wait ages for an answer.

All that said, we did have a lovely visit and I would probably return to give something else on the menu a try.