“Would never buy from this takeaway again”
Review of as you like it - CLOSED

as you like it
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Would never buy from this takeaway again”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Ordered a takeaway as was starving hungry and was to late to cook.
Very polite lady took our order and was quite a while before we got our food.

Got home after a short drive and thats when the problems started.

1. The sweet and sour sauce (2 pots) was stone cold as if its just come out of a fridge. Had to microwave it to heat up.
2. Deep Fried Wan Tons with sweet and sour sauce (exactly as stated on menu) contained prawns, of which I hate and would certainly not have ordered had the menu said with prawns.
3. The shredded chicked chow mein was not very far off being burnt.
4. The bag that the chips were in had totally fallen apart.
5. Portion sizes for the price was mediocre

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Wonderfultrev

“Worlds most expensive Chinese”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My husband and I have for many years named this europes most expensive Chinese. The menu seems ok but somehow the bill is always three times more than you think it will
l be. Food is average and the front of this beautiful building is peeling off obviously a business in serious decline.

2 Thank Winksw
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and Watch your Bill”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Bland food bland location poor service and expensive plus look for the dish or bottle of wine you didnt order on the Bill

5 Thank Chris W
Stevenage
“Why didn't I look at Tripadvisor”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Been past this restaurant thousands of times, having a pint at the Lytton Arms and fancied a Chinese meal. At this stage I should of looked at Tripadvisor on my mobile. The previous review is pretty spot on. It was a Friday and to be fair only 6.30 but the place was empty. No menu outside to check out things. Should of left once sat down but had already ordered a drink.
The staff while pleasent reminded me how foolish I was by thanking me for coming out in a recession. The meal was below par for the price and the toilets was unpleasant. Will not be going back!

3 Thank SmartieMartie
welwyn garden city
“Disgusting expensive food, fit for pig swill”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Looks lovely from the outside. Once your inside you start to wonder why on saturday night you are the only people dining. The reason is the only custom they get is from the bell hotel a few doors down.I ordered Thai green prawn curry, which is meant to be a coconut and basil based sauce. It came brown and thick like the seventies chip shop curry sauce. Not even remotely as described on menu.£8.50The double cooked pork was saturated in salt and the salt and pepper spare ribs were just plain ribs with salt and pepper on! We had plain beansproats,boiled rice and noodles also. 1 pint lager and 2 vodka tonic. 1 other prawn dish and the bill came to £64 The food was so bad but it was after 9 when we arrived and had no where else to go to eat, thankfully the portions were small so the ordeal did not take long. When we asked for bill it was just a total of drinks and then food. When we asked why so much it was because 12.5% service included. I wrote a letter of complaint not about prices but the very least to acually serve the description on menu and was told the curry was an original thai curry served in many chinese resaurants. I would likw to know where? I must warn you not to go. The worst experience of cheap quality, poorly executed food I have ever had.

• Visited July 2011