“really welcoming and great value”
Review of The Bull Pen

The Bull Pen
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Radlett
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have eaten here on at least 4 occasions and I felt compelled to write as the other reviews do not paint it in a good light.

The staff are very friendly and I would certainly highly recommend it - you will not be disappointed

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Possibly the worst place I've eaten at.
Waited 1hour 30 minutes for a table.
People who came after us, we're seated, ate and left before we even sat down.
When ordering, there was only 1 potato left?!? this is the main part of their menu too.
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED AND LIVID.
Will never recommend this place to anyone.

2  Thank Arjunv02
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I took a friend to visit the farm village full of high expectation for a lovely experience but it wasn't to be. We queued initially but a staff member sensibly took my number to ring when a table was free, 20 mins later, as predicted she rang. Great start.
I knew the tearoom from past experiences and ordered a Ploughmans. None of the staff knew what this was. After my description of one of our most basic and simplest salads, we were presented with a brown roll, grated cheese, pickle, a small leafy salad complete with a snail.
The manager couldn't have been more apologetic and offered us an alternative which we declined, however we asked for Cappuccinos, and were brought Lattes.
The staff were pleasant but there is no doubt standards have plummeted. I won't be going there for quite a while until they've sorted themselves out.
Shame really.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Been here on and off for years.
Each time I hope it will improve.
Well it hasn't.
Great location within the farm,
In principal this place should be pukka.
But!!! "it ain't".
Very average overpriced tea shop food.
The staff are useless.
They remind me of old school dinner ladies.
Miserable and useless.
It's a Shame cos with a bit of love and dedication this place could really be the nuts.
But as it is you'd need to be nuts to go in there.
I'd personally rather sit in the pig shed opposite with a bacon sandwich.
Sorry Bull Pen,
But your place really is a load of "old Bull".

Give me a shout if you decide to improve.

Bubalah. :(

3  Thank Bubalah
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had lunch. Service tortoise like . Asked for coffee got tea. Companion asked for mint tea got two tea bags....just an example. Unfortunate, because of lack of competition, they can be as inefficient as they like; as slow as possible; as lethargic as possible; as indifferent to waiting and queuing customers, who appear to be in the way.....
They will continue in this path, knowing they have never ending queues of customers. To stop them in their path why not have another cafe in this farm area?
Avoid this place, ifvyou have any intelligence at all.

3  Thank basildf