“Good food, ugly restaurant”
Review of Indian Royal - CLOSED

Indian Royal
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We very much enjoyed our food, very flavoursome, just what we wanted (although I feel there may have been MSG but not confirmed)

The restaurant however needs redecorating, very ugly, old fashioned and I was cold throughout the meal I had to keep my coat on :-S

I would go again for the food though...or maybe a takeaway would be better suited!

There are newer reviews for Indian Royal

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stale poppadams, strawberry lassi cloyingly sweet, otherwise food just about OK, service slow. Far from the best Indian meal or service we've experienced so given the vast choice of other Indian restaurants we won't be returning.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I with friends have been going here for years. Our last visit offered us good food but terrible service.

I had aged considerably waiting for it to arrive.

When we complained the manager just smiled and walked away and when challenged upon this declared his total lack of interest.

So the last time was the last time ever and I have made it my task never to recommend the place again. I also know that my position has meant many friends avoid the place now.

3  Thank Miles T
Reviewed November 26, 2013

food was good, exactly what you want from an indian, all the usual dishes, not too greasy
naan bread a bit fat
delivery about 45 mins, but probably what you expect for a friday night
happy to recommend

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Often order a takeaway from here and the food is always good. Decided to make an evening and eat in instead with a group of friends, They definitely are more concerned with the takeaway orders than the restaurant. We waited almost an hour between our starter and main course, by which time I had lost the will to eat and eventually asked to take away. In future it will be takeaway only