All reviewscoach housecourtroom suitemain buildingquiet hotelsuperior roomoutdoor poolscallopscomfortable bedone night stayleather sofasroad noisesunday lunchvisiting cornwallport isaaclovely gardenbreakfast was excellentpoached eggs
Reviewed January 22, 2016

We have thoroughly enjoyed our four night break, with room, breakfast, dinner and wine. Comfortable rooms, cooked to order breakfast, delicious dinners and great service from owners, Debra and Alistair, and and their team. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful, and when we stayed Racheal was on hand most of the time to ensure we had everything we needed. Good location to visit lots of the Cornwall attractions - we would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheAndrews1
Reviewed January 3, 2016

My husband and I stayed for a New Year break. We wanted a quiet hotel with good food and that's exactly what we got. We stayed in the Courtroom suite, a huge room with a lovely seating area and very comfortable bed. Feather pillows and duvets helped with a good night's sleep. The food was superb, we had three evening meals and overall the cooking was faultless. The menu was innovative without being fussy and was very well executed. We were particularly impressed with the reductions that accompanied the main courses, lots of flavours and excellent smooth texture. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Lovely location, close to the Eden Project and Bodmin steam railway as well as many other attractions. Wi fi was excellent too!

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrJaneY
Reviewed December 31, 2015

The room was compact, cosy and warm and the bed had an amazingly comfortable duvet. As I am vertically challenged, it would have been good to know in advance that this room had ceilings lower than me! I can't blame the building as that's part of its charm but forewarned is forearmed.

The best part of the stay was the food. Great locally sourced food, well cooked and well served. The full breakfast was what full English should be (OK, full Corn-ish if you are being more precise). The dinner menu was a good balance, suiting what was in season and could be sourced locally and not attempting to offer a massively long menu like so many other places do rather than concentrate on quality. I was puzzled, however, why vegetables are offered as an extra to the main course?

Overpriced wine - but then that's my gripe about most restaurants. When somebody justifies the mark up and I will stop moaning.

Room Tip: If you are over 6ft tall and bothered by low ceilings, check in advance which bedrooms have higher ceilings.
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ColinABristolUK
Reviewed November 22, 2015

Exceptional value for money with good room and excellent food, friendly staff very professionally run. No negative criticism to make.

(This review requires a minimum of 200 characters so this is to pad it out.)

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keith S
Reviewed November 10, 2015

Company booked one night accommodation but hotel wouldn't accept that dinner account was going back to company. Meal of rump steak disappointing and one piece inedible. Bedroom clean but very small and needs modernising. Breakfast nice but order was wrong and baked beans confused for ordering bacon! Won't rush to return but other reviews and the pictures on the website of what must be other bedrooms looked good. So maybe I just caught a bad day.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business
TrehellasHouse, Owner at Trehellas House, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2015

Your reservation was made through a travel agent and the correspondence was quite clear that bed & breakfast was only to be charged to their credit card, unfortunately we will not charge anything to a 3rd party account unless instructed prior, the agent phoned later that morning and your credit card was credited.
You paid £52 for a double room at single occupancy including full English breakfast so not sure what your problem is at this price, we have larger rooms that cost more.
The rump steak meal is a special on the menu, rump by its nature can be a little tough on occasion, a well known fact, you were checked half way through your meal but you said everything was ok, and your colleague finished his rump steak without comment.
I am sorry about the human error at breakfast time; I have sacked the waitress as I agree with you, how dare she get it wrong.