“fantastic food”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great quality food, very reasonably priced. Good range of options, sensible size portions. Great service.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I wrote an earlier review and made the comment that no response came when my wife commented on a 'mean' portion for a main course meal....well at checkout we discovered that there was a response...they removed the cost of her meal from the bill...an extremely generous gesture which we thank you for and it demonstrates what a fabulous place this is.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I booked a table in advance plus a crab salad for a special treat on my friends birthday. We were shown to a sofa and cutlery was delivered in a basket. We moved ourselves to the dining room, preferring not to balance our meal on our laps!
When our meal arrived, I asked for the salad and was told the three tiny leaves WERE the salad. We refused to eat any of it until a proper salad was delivered.
For a hotel of this standard it was more than disappointing. There were only two other tables occupied whereas only four years ago every table was full. Should tell the owners something.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Ate last night Sun 8th June.wife and I.
Foie gras - Seafood Fricasse - Apple Tart Tatin - Me
Crab Souffle - lamb - Panacotta - Wife
It was all awful even down to the over chilled Foie Gras that was like cutting frozen butter only butter had more taste. The Seafood fricassee was drowned on a fish / crab consommé which was as powerful as the smoked mackerel between the two it felt like being between Tyson / Foreman - I came out dizzied with a black eye.
The Tatin was so obviously days old the caramel had disintertergrated pastry soggy accompanied by clotted cream which overpowered the remaining slop.
In summary this was possibly the laziest cookery I have tasted for a long time only the bill came to £109 and when Ieft I wanted to go for dinner - as did the table of three next to us. They actually asked for more veg and potatoes but were told only veg and they would be charged.
To rekindle my spirits I was to have a malt - only problem was that standard of malts available - Wetherspoons have a Better menu if you can bring yourself to go in one.
How on earth this restaurant gets a rosette `i do to know I wouldn't franchise it to Mac's probably why it is so quiet.
Avoid if possible.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Ate last night Sun 8th June.wife and I.
Foie gras - Seafood Fricasse - Apple Tart Tatin - Me