“A great place to stay to experience the east side of Cornwall”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Snooty Fox

The Snooty Fox
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Morval
Forest Row, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay to experience the east side of Cornwall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We arrived at the quiet time of the year, November, and Karen and Stewart (the owners) were very warm and welcoming, and spent alot of time telling us of the sites to visit.
Our room was warm, cosy and quiet. It had all the usual amenities and our room was decorated to a very high standard.
We found the Snooty Fox to be a good base from which to visit places like Looe, Polperro, Plymouth, Jamaica Inn, Trago Mills, and north coast towns are in easy reach such as Boscastle and Padstow, etc.
There was no problem with parking when we were there, and I believe during the summer when it is fully open it would also be a good place for an evening meal.
We had good breakfasts, the menu options were varied to accomodate most, if not all tastes.
For us it was sad to leave and will make plans to visit again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PJHADLOW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Coventry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

snooty fox Inn the name said to all, I booked this hotel on the web site, I called before hand to arrange a late night check inn the man I spoke to was lovely but asked me to call back to see what room number I would be in. On the web site it reads dogs accepted. Following this I called after making my booking to check the room no I also informed them off my little dog I was passed over to a lady by the name of Karen so rude. She told me they only have one room that accepts dogs and that's taken I could pay £15 for the cleaning of the room. I thought this was unacceptable as on web site polices it did not state this she was horrible nasty and made me feel like I she was doing me a favour not me bringing business to her. She ignored my call to try and cancel my booking lucky I went through evilivo who where so helpful and cancelled my booking. After reading some of the reviews wish I had not have booked to start with. Service goes a long way do not be fooled by the pretty pictures.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank ChristinaGlover
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

we were given a phone call to see when we were to arrive as 'they wanted to go out' . On arrival , the place looked deserted, a big sign said 'closed' and we rang the bell. A man came down was quite abrupt, muttering something about the wrong keys. He ushered us to our room and said 'see you in the morning'. We weren't expecting to stay in a deserted pub where we couldn't even get a night cap after driving back from Looe. We were expecting to eat in the pub?! The room was lovely, no complaints there. Breakfast - yes a choice but not time to eat it between the loud banter from Sybil Fawlty. Not at all romantic , peaceful and the breakfast not tasty.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank annoz
Loughborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

First of all, some of these reviews are unbelievable,so negative,are they sure they stayed at the same place!! We found it to be a fantastic experience, as we arrived we got a lovely welcome from Karen, she took us to our room which was gorgeous, the thing that we thought was lovely was the fact there was 2 really comfy armchairs in the room which was lovely as didn't have to just sit on the bed!
The breakfast was gorgeous,anything you wanted you could have, nothing was too much trouble,both Karen and Stuart were lovely they came and chatted with us,had a laugh and a joke with them,the customers were the important thing to them.
The only downside to our stay is it wasn't long enough!! We will definitely be going back, if anyone is reading this and thinking of whether to go or not, please don't hesitate just book it, you won't regret it,it will be one of those stays that you will have fond memories of😃

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Nessienoo8
Staffordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have just returned from a very nice relaxing break at the Snooty Fox and really enjoyed the 3 days. Very nice room was spacious and decorated nicely and very clean. The breakfast was excellent, good selection of everything. Karen and Stuart are really nice hosts and make you feel very welcome. The location is great within easy access of Looe which is 5 minutes away and a selection of good pub food locally.
I dont understand some reviews, did they go to the same place???
This was our first visit to the Snooty Fox but it certainly wont be our last.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I saw a two day stay at the Snooty Fox on Groupon. We rang to book and the lady said she would match the price shown on Groupon. When we arrived late afternoon we were a little disconcerted as the place looked shut. We rang the bell at Reception door and a male voice responded. We said we had a booking and Stuart was quickly there to greet us and show us to our room. We were in the annex and when Stuart unlocked the door and showed us in we were immediately reassured. The room was nicely decorated and beautifully warm. We were they only people in the hotel that day but the following morning we went along to the dinningroom and were served with a fantastic breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble for Stuart. Whilst we enjoyed the sights around Looe our room was made up and everything was clean and tidy on our return. on our last morning there were more guests at breakfast. Stuart was assisted by his wife Karen, a lovely warm, friendly lady and again nothing was too much trouble. I had a beautiful omelette. We would be very happoy to stay at the Snooty Fox again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a Groupon offer, one night stay at the weekend - my husband and I and my sister in law and her husband. Had a friendly welcome and all information about our stay was given. Our rooms were decorated nicely and pretty clean. Attention to the less obvious areas wouldn't go amiss, such as dusty light shades and the china dish with tea and coffee in, this may just be me being too fussy! Breakfast was good with entertaining servers. Assuming it was mum and son, the boy needed a bit more enthusiasm and maybe an earlier night the night before as he seemed half asleep!! All in all a comfotable stay. Would recommend to a friend.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz1483
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morval
Fieldhead Hotel
Hannafore Point Hotel
The Claremont Hotel
The Claremont Hotel
#2 of 2 in Polperro

Been to The Snooty Fox? Share your experiences!