“Siam Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Eleven of us visited for a birthday and from the start is was a funny experience. I couldn't work out if it had changed hands as things had defiantly changed but we were met by a very friendly manageress and shown to our table. The waitress then began taking the drinks order but only got so far before she disappeared half way through and then brought those drinks before taking the other half of the order. We were not given any menus but on the table was a plastic buffet list and there was a slate board propped up on a chair with specials - I still don't know if there was any alternative. We all settled for the buffet (no other choice) and it was agreed that we would have a selection of starters and we all choose a main dish each (there are about 10 to choose from). The starters came out staggered (which is ok when there are lots of you to pass plates round) and were tasty and we could have had more if we wished. Then there was a delay of half an hour for the mains, where one was missed off and we had to wait another 10 mins for that so their rice was then cold. The manageress wanted a picture taken of the party to show on a TV which was showing adverts (????? Why would you have that in a restaurant?) but was ok when we declined but a photographer turned up and took pictures of another table. The food is good but there are only 2 courses for £15 with no offer of soup or duck like China Red. They also ran out of the beer we were drinking. I might give it some time for the new manageress to settle in before we try again and see if things improve.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I went to the Siam Restaurant for the 1st time tonight, it was one of the best meals I have eaten in many a long time.

I had the all you can eat buffet and for £14,95 it was well worth the cost,

The Highlights of the meal was the Spring Rolls which are hand made by the chef and not shop bought, they are tasty and you want to eat lots and lots of them.

The Chicken Wings were succulent and tasty.

The main dishes were spicy and tasty.

This is a must visit and I will be going back again.

Many thanks to the Chef and Waiting staff as they were brill.

100% Recommend this

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The food is at a high standard and the staff are most helpfull .but try to avoid spirits it can get expensive

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have been twice recently to the Siam Oriental at Knott End and look forward to going again for the Thai Buffet. You can eat as much as you like for a really great price and the food is delicious. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I think I'll ad this place to my list of regular haunts! Been back a couple of times already and brought friends. An unassuming little place but the food is fresh, tasty and authentic fairly priced and friendly staff. Ticks all the boxes for me.