The general ambiance has hampered by the hotel being nearly deserted and it being a somewhat gloomy, wet January evening.
The 1st room allocated was baking hot so asked for another room, the 2nd was fine but the overall decoration of the accommodation block is starting to look worn since my last visit and not in keeping with the image they portray (or their prices..). The TV was only tuned in with 2 stations and couldn't been fixed. The receptionist advised it was a known problem that they had evidently chosen not to get resolved. The remote control was held together with sellotape which said a lot about their attention to detail, likewise the paint-splattered bathroom floor.
The exterior of the hotel is illuminated at night with rather harsh orange sodium flood-lighting (think motorway street-lighting...) which is kept on the whole night and gets through the curtains. The earlier comment about a glorified Travel Lodge is apt.
The bar food was to a high standard, breakfast ditto.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villa Wrea Green is a quaint country house hotel based in idyllic country side near Preston Lancashire. Set amidst rolling parkland, The Villa presents an imposing aspect from the sweeping private approach and, once inside, the beautifully planned accommodation certainly lives up to its promise, offering handsome, well-proportioned public spaces and luxuriously appointed bedrooms. Set in wonderful surroundings of the Lancashire countryside, The Villa is the perfect location for any occasion. The Villa’s historic appearance, well-equipped conference rooms, spacious restaurant & bar, pavilion marquee dedicated service ensure it is the perfect place to escape and relax, to do business and to create memories that will last a lifetime. Many visitors come to The Villa for its historic charm and splendid location, but they stay - and often return again and again - because of the warm hospitality and excellent personal service that they experience here. The hotel rooms are spacious and appointed to the highest standards, offering stylish, comfortable accommodation. All thirty one air-conditioned rooms feature superior en suite facilities and have been tastefully designed and furnished to create the ideal atmosphere for a relaxing visit. In addition, The Villa also offers two lovely suites and four fantastic state rooms, two of which have king size 4-posters and two have split-level mezzanine floors. All four have spectacular bathrooms with TV, surround sound system and high speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Villa, Wrea Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villa Hotel Wrea Green
- The Villa, Wrea Green England