The Villa, Wrea Green
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Queens Hotel - Lytham(Lytham St Anne's)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Clifton Arms Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
Elsinghurst Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
Chadwick Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
The Anchorage(Lytham St Anne's)
  • Breakfast included
Clifton Park Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswedding venuechristmas lunchwedding breakfastfollowing morningfour poster bedbar areaevening mealcouldn't do enoughfull english breakfastlythamfridayblackpool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed over night at the Villa Hotel on 27/10. I love this hotel and have stayed here numerous times. I would not pay the full rate so I only go when I can get an offer. The hotel is in a lovely location with the pretty village of Wrea Green just a 5 minute walk away with its village green and pond. There is also a nice pub which over looks the green which you can sit outside on a nice day. Lytham is just 5 miles away and a lovely place to visit. Lots of eating places and shops to look around.

Back to the Villa, the bed was quite uncomfortable which I had not experienced at this hotel before so I did not sleep too well as I had back pain. There were a few people staying at the
hotel and there was quite a bit of noise at times as my room was near the doorway to the
upstairs corridor.

The staff are all very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was wonderful.

I had a great time and this hotel is a little gem and well worth a visit.

Treat yourself to

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Overall nice hotel. Our friends had their wedding reception here and we stayed overnight on a Friday (before the wedding) and Saturday (night of the wedding) as we were coming from the London area.
Room size was good and had great air conditioning. Bathroom also a good size. Lovely peaceful location away from main roads.
We had a first floor room right by the main entrance which was surprisingly quiet, especially since people were gathering out the front a lot for the drinks reception and canapés, and in and out with wedding gear, as well as arriving/leaving over the weekend.

The room was a little bit dated though, with mahogany furniture and was a bit old fashioned but I suppose that fits in with the feel of the place. Room was clean though.

Food was yummy! We had some nice canapés and some nice food. I originally picked a meat dish bug after I saw the local fish and chips choice I asked to change this and the staff were more than happy to do that for me, and they were quick too. Easy to egg served at the bar which was nice but then again I think they had the whole venue to themselves which was probably why. Yummy BBQ food in the evening too the night before, but evening buffet on the wedding day was a little limited and repetitive salads from the BBQ the day before.

Nice place, nice atmosphere, quiet, yummy food and lovely grounds to sit in in the summer. We would stay again :) the only downside was it was a little pricy (approx £200 for two people for two nights).

Room Tip: Maybe get one a little further away from the entrance if you're concerned about noise but it wasn't a problem for us (and I hate noisy hotels). Front facing rooms (towards the entrance) have much better views than those at the back.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Went here for family birthday with 11 others. Very busy in bar etc as there was a wedding on but we were seated in restaurant immediately. Set menu of 3 courses for £25 seemed good value. Soup was great, large prices of duck in my starter but tiny cannelloni with it. Mains all came with veg but we were encouraged that we might want a couple of sides. Cabbage with bacon, broccoli and feta and one other at £3 each were extortionate. We were also offered bread which appears to be £1 a slice!! Mains of chicken and fish and beef all well cooked and presented but portions not massive or even large. Puddings on the other hand were tasty but big.
Lovely waiter kept our water glasses filled but they take away your wine. Why?? It drives me mad.
Considering we didn't drink a lot the drinks bill was pricey.
It was a nice special occasion birthday evening but I wouldn't rush to return.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Not been here for years but attended a works function here last night. Very impressed with the new marquee extention. Service and staff very attentive. Had a slight problem with the wax from the candles dripping into our drinks apparently caused by the air con blowing our way. Swiftly dealt with.
Lovely set meal and massive cheeseboard! I know my company use the Villa alot and I can see why.
Fantastic venue for a wedding - recomended!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Room good .service good ,breakfast very poor .dinner only average .portions very small, the cheese and biscuits three tiny pieces,of foreign cheese one would have thought for a hotel in the heart of Lancashire
The cheese would have been say Lancashire.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple