“Brilliant first spa experience in beautiful location.”

and 1 more site!
The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrea Green
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We were presented with a nights stay for our birthdays. My wife enjoys spa days but I have never tried them before today, things will definitely change due to this experience.
The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village is right at the far end of the main road through the assorted chalets, caravans and lodges. Plenty of car parking spaces surround the hotel and lots of signs to point the way to Reception.
We found all the staff to be really helpful and caring, especially the people on Reception. We had been booked in for a nights accommodation with use of the Spa, an evening meal and breakfast were included. They explained how the hotel was run with guests able to choose to walk around the hotel in robes and slip-ons from their rooms. The only time we had to dress was for the evening meal.
The Spa included a Hot Tub, saunas with herbal atmosphere, steam rooms, a whirlpool/jacuzzi, etc. The staff explained the route around the Spa and how to get the best from the experience, we just had to ask for help and they were there, ready and willing. The facilities were very clean and hygienic, staff were clearing water from walkways all the time.
The evening meal was in the Brasserie, and the food was very well presented and enjoyable. There were two courses included in our stay, so we had to pay for wine and desserts. As we stayed on a Thursday, there was a complimentary bottle of wine in our mini-bar, as well as the usual tea and coffee facilities.
Breakfast was either a cold continental selection or hot food brought to the table. This included a full English breakfast or Eggs Benedict or pancakes and Maple Syrup varieties.
After breakfast we had another hour in the Spa before we had to clear the room at 11am.
When we arrived home my wife found that I had packed the hotel hairdryer (left out on the bed) by mistake, we phoned the hotel and arranged to return the equipment asap. "Please do not send the Hairdryer Police to our abode, we could not stand the shame" I pleaded with the girl on Reception, who promised that they only send them out after a week!!!
So, in conclusion, absolutely amazing experience, I am totally sold on Spa days and now my wife can take me along and leave my daughter at home (yeah, that'll happen!). We are planning on booking another night in the near future and hope to take some friends along for the experience.

There are newer reviews for The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here and found the front of house staff extremely rude and condescending when we booked dinner as he told us rather abruptly that it was a fine dining menu
and very expensive as if we couldn't afford it or had no right to be booking it , then our room left a lot to be desired . Dusty pictures , bathroom fittings that came off in my hand as I bathed , tv remotes that didn't work,not enough towels and then even after we requested extra we still didn't get them ! So appalled that we ill never go back there definitely not a 4 star hotel

1  Thank Kerri D
RibbyHallVillage, Manager at The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, and further to my recent email may I again apologise for your disappointment during your recent stay. My team work tirelessly to ensure all guest experiences are both enjoyable and memorable and despite the many positive reviews, when things don’t quite go to plan myself and my team are always very keen to rectify things quickly. Apologies once again - we were genuinely unaware of any particular issues during your stay.

Andrew Scott – Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had an amazing stay at the Ribby Hall Spa Hotel, all staff are amazing, rooms (we had a suite) well finished and extremely comfortable. Food excellent - spa treatments excellent. One of the best spa hotels we stayed at but not the most expensive. Loved it

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We are seasoned "Spa Hotel Visitors", having visited many other Spas across Cheshire, Lancashire and into the Lake District. Ribby Hall is by far the best.

From the personal welcome, to the accommodating staff everything was just right. The room was fantastic and the Spa was perfect (a word I use rarely).

I have read on here that there have been complaints about the food portions, this is something that must have been addressed as we were so full after the first two courses that we did not have room for desert.

We will be going back VERY soon and have already referred the Hotel to friends.

1  Thank Gary H
RibbyHallVillage, Manager at The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review, we’re delighted to hear that you’re wanting to return very soon. Your high praise and comments have already been forwarded to The SPA Hotel team. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I got a voucher for mine and my husband birthday for an aqua thermal journey with tea included. Don't get me wrong the place looked lovely and it was relaxing I just give it 3 stars because in the women's changing rooms I wasn't happy that I had to change in the toilets because there was only 1 cubicle and the afternoon tea we should of got an option of what we wanted because I didn't like any of the stuff that was bought out to me.
But the staff was very professional and pleasant and the aqua thermal journey was nice and relaxing.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It was our first visit to ribby and probably wont be our last. We had treat ourselves to a weekend away child free :-) and we were not disappointed. We had booked a one bed suite which was beautiful, well designed, clean and comfortable. The only slight and i mean slight issue was, We were quite near the bar which was quite noisy once we went to bed. There were double doors between the rooms and the bar which maybe should be closed in the evenings. The spa day was just wonderful. Had an hour in the spa and then spent the rest of the day on the gorgeous outdoor sun deck sipping wine and just chillaxing which is what we were there for. An outside bar would be fab (hint hint) for those glorious summer days. Lunch and dinner were fab. Although portions are quite small we really enjoyed the flavours the meals delivered. The treatment I had in the spa was the best I had ever had and didn't want it to end. Overall we had an amazing time. Thank you to Andrew and your team for a memorable weekend :-)

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

The Place is amazing, food delicious, the staff is very friendly. I have a wonderful day. Excellent Service, i like the sauna and aromatherapy.i will return definitely.i would recommend the tagliatelle al pesto and peach flan was very good.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
#4 of 15 in Preston
The Imperial Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
#27 of 73 in Blackpool

Been to The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village? Share your experiences!