“A LITTLE INDULGENCE NEVER HURTS”

and 1 more site!
The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrea Green
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This second visit for an afternoon tea treat with elderly friends proves beyond doubt that my previous review with high marks was well deserved.
As the car drew up at the entrance a male member of staff must have noticed the age of the guests and approached the car and assisted our friends to enter the hotel - much appreciated on a wet and windy afternoon.
A pleasant coffee was enjoyed whilst the new visitors took in the surroundings and prior to taking afternoon tea.

The fare was superb - just enough to be thoroughly enjoyed and satisfied.

As an old philosopher once commented " Money spent on oneself is never wasted "

Go On - treat yourself - you will not regret afternoon tea at The Spa Hotel at Ribby

There are newer reviews for The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I visited The Spa whilst staying on the Ribby Hall Village. What an absolute delight! I opted for The Aqua Thermal Journey with 2 course lunch with1 sister whilst another had the Cellulux wrap and flotation tank. I would highly recommend The Aqua Thermal journey, 2 hours of relaxation and detoxing in beautiful and exceptional surroundings. The changing facilities are very luxurious too. our meal at The Brasserie was gorgeous and we even treated ourselves to a lovely bottle of fizz(not very expensive when split 3 ways). An absolute treat!! All staff very lovely too.

Room Tip: The Aqua Thermal Journey
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Myself and sister in law booked in for a girly over night stay, from the minute we got their we were made to feel like celebrities. We arrived a bit earlier and luckily we were able check early. The reception was very informative, helpful and the porter took our bags straight up to our room. The reception area was very inviting with stunning decor.
When we got to our room we were not disappointed the room was stunning and had everything we needed including a small area to sit, nice dressing area. The only thing I would have changed was the single beds, I would have preferred a double bed but it was still very comfy.
We booked into the thermal spa, the mud chamber and a couple of treatments to helps us get fully relaxed. We found the staff very friendly and showed us around the spa. The spa was very relaxing and tranquil, it had numerous steam rooms, sauna, heated seating areas, outdoor Jacuzzi to name but a few. The spa wasn't over crowded with plenty of space to leisurely try everything.
Our first booked treatment was the mud chamber, which I would highly recommend as my skin is now very soft. The next two treatments I had was a full body massage and Hopi ear candling while my sister in law opted for the full body massage and a luxury manicure. All the treatment lovely and highly recommended, we both felt truely pampered.
Part of our stay included a two course dinner in the brasserie, the waiter welcomed us and sat us at our table and was very friendly without being over bearing. The brasserie again had stunning decor with muted light and the tables was candle lit which I thought was a lovely touch. We ordered a bottle of prosecco and we sampled a lovely goats cheese amuse bouche complements of the chef which was devine. We both opted for the salmon with a dressed salad, pea puree and herby potatoes. Salmon was cooked to perfection with lovely crispy skin. The salad was lovely although I though some of the leaves were a little bitter. For dessert we decided to both go for something different and share I opted for the cheese board while my sister in law opted for a chocolate fondant with ice cream and honey combe. Both was lovely and went down a treat, the chocolate fondant was rich and gooey in the middle.
The only criticism I was when we ordered our prescco rather than bring it to the table it was near the bar and we often had to try and get a waiters attention for a top up meaning are glasses were left to go empty. When we ordered the second bottle we asked for it
to be left at the table which rectified the situation.
After a great nights sleep we went down for breakfast, which was a continental and cooked breakfast, it was lovely and was just what I needed and I particularly liked the continental meats.
Overall the break was amazing and I felt truly relaxed and we cannot wait to go back.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Visited as part of a group to celebrate a birthday.

Good bits
Suite very spacious, nice décor.
Spa really nice experience. Had a facial - therapist (Amy) was fantastic.
Dinner food in Restaurant was excellent though one waiter was over familiar and forgot things that had been asked for. He needs to be efficient and friendly.
Breakfast in the Bistro was excellent and the staff were exceptional - every person was polite, professional and courteous - take note at the Restaurant.

Bad bits
Air con in room very hot, unable to turn it down without reception intervening.
Window in bedroom was screwed shut which made the room even hotter. Excuse of security issues was not acceptable as window had a mechanism to prevent it from opening fully which could have been used and window in the lounge of the suite opened. Night porter did not have the allen key to sort it out which was v frustrating.
Back wall of shower had mould and shower screen was not clean
On the whole though it was a good place to stay, and it could have been an excellent place to stay with just a few minor changes.

Room Tip: If on ground floor, check that the window mechanism works.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
RibbyHallVillage, General Manager at The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your honest review, and also for taking the time to meet with me on Monday to discuss your experience and feedback. We sincerely hope to welcome you back to The SPA Hotel at Ribby Hall Village in the near future.
Kindest regards
Andrew Scott , Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is officially the first review I have written for a hotel. Having stayed in a few hotels over the last 12 months, I Felt I had a duty to write one on this hotel following a one night stay whilst attending a friends wedding. My room cost £190 and I cannot understand why? Considering this is a spa hotel, my room price did not include usage of the spa facilities or even breakfast (additional £15 per person)? I recently stayed in the Hilton in Cardiff, this room cost me £142 per night with breakfast, full use of the spa and complimentary drinks? And I was in the middle of a modern city. I am totally baffled as to why my double room at the Ribby hall spa hotel cost me £190? My room overlooked the car park and the bin compound. The hotel was nice inside and the staff were helpful and polite and the wedding I attended on the simplex was well organised. However I felt the need to check my bill on my return home to ensure I hadn't missed out on something? Feeling robbed!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank John M
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was my own and my wife's second visit to this hotel in 6 months, and it just gets better. We did the Aqua journey during the afternoon, which was amazing. In the evening we sat down to what we both think is the best ever meal we have had in the UK, in the Spa Restaurant.

Our room was excellent, then the next morning we enjoyed a marvellous breakfast.

We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
RibbyHallVillage, Manager at The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

We really look forward to welcoming you back too.
Thank you for your complements, please be assured that your high praises have been passed onto The SPA Hotel, especially Head Chef and his team.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Fantastic one night break with 5 friends. The spa area is well designed, very clean and never too busy. The treatments were all fantastic and the atmosphere within the spa/ treatment areas was relaxed and informal. We had afternoon tea, an evening meal and breakfast in the restaurant- we couldn't fault any of them. The food was absolutely fantastic and the service impeccable. We also carried on drinking in the bar well into the night- the bar men were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The rooms were lovely and the beds very very comfortable. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
#5 of 15 in Preston
The Imperial Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
#28 of 73 in Blackpool

Been to The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village? Share your experiences!