“A great stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrea Green
England
“A great stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Visited as part of a group to celebrate a birthday.

Good bits
Suite very spacious, nice décor.
Spa really nice experience. Had a facial - therapist (Amy) was fantastic.
Dinner food in Restaurant was excellent though one waiter was over familiar and forgot things that had been asked for. He needs to be efficient and friendly.
Breakfast in the Bistro was excellent and the staff were exceptional - every person was polite, professional and courteous - take note at the Restaurant.

Bad bits
Air con in room very hot, unable to turn it down without reception intervening.
Window in bedroom was screwed shut which made the room even hotter. Excuse of security issues was not acceptable as window had a mechanism to prevent it from opening fully which could have been used and window in the lounge of the suite opened. Night porter did not have the allen key to sort it out which was v frustrating.
Back wall of shower had mould and shower screen was not clean
On the whole though it was a good place to stay, and it could have been an excellent place to stay with just a few minor changes.

Room Tip: If on ground floor, check that the window mechanism works.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
RibbyHallVillage, General Manager at The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your honest review, and also for taking the time to meet with me on Monday to discuss your experience and feedback. We sincerely hope to welcome you back to The SPA Hotel at Ribby Hall Village in the near future.
Kindest regards
Andrew Scott , Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is officially the first review I have written for a hotel. Having stayed in a few hotels over the last 12 months, I Felt I had a duty to write one on this hotel following a one night stay whilst attending a friends wedding. My room cost £190 and I cannot understand why? Considering this is a spa hotel, my room price did not include usage of the spa facilities or even breakfast (additional £15 per person)? I recently stayed in the Hilton in Cardiff, this room cost me £142 per night with breakfast, full use of the spa and complimentary drinks? And I was in the middle of a modern city. I am totally baffled as to why my double room at the Ribby hall spa hotel cost me £190? My room overlooked the car park and the bin compound. The hotel was nice inside and the staff were helpful and polite and the wedding I attended on the simplex was well organised. However I felt the need to check my bill on my return home to ensure I hadn't missed out on something? Feeling robbed!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank John M
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was my own and my wife's second visit to this hotel in 6 months, and it just gets better. We did the Aqua journey during the afternoon, which was amazing. In the evening we sat down to what we both think is the best ever meal we have had in the UK, in the Spa Restaurant.

Our room was excellent, then the next morning we enjoyed a marvellous breakfast.

We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
RibbyHallVillage, Manager at The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
We really look forward to welcoming you back too.
Thank you for your complements, please be assured that your high praises have been passed onto The SPA Hotel, especially Head Chef and his team.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Fantastic one night break with 5 friends. The spa area is well designed, very clean and never too busy. The treatments were all fantastic and the atmosphere within the spa/ treatment areas was relaxed and informal. We had afternoon tea, an evening meal and breakfast in the restaurant- we couldn't fault any of them. The food was absolutely fantastic and the service impeccable. We also carried on drinking in the bar well into the night- the bar men were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The rooms were lovely and the beds very very comfortable. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We received an aqua thermal journey with lunch for a weekend as a wedding gift.
As a couple we are not very 'Spa-ish'? we'd never been to one before and didn't what to expect at all.
Well, we have just had the most relaxing day!
We started with lunch, the food was exemplary in the Brasserie.There was a good range of choice of food, My Husband had the lamb, and I had the chicken, portion sizes were just right and presentation and taste were outstanding.Our package included 2 courses, but here was also the option to pay for an extra course if we so wished.
We then checked in to the Spa, where we were given lots of helpful information, we were told where to get changed etc. and also provided with towels and slippers. *FYI**** The robes that they provide ARE available in larger sizes for those who need- I am a ladies size 24 and the XL fitted wonderfully! (Something else I've always worried about in Spas!)
The changing rooms are well equipped with hairdryers, mirrors, shampoo/conditioner, everything a woman needs!
The actual spa was amazing, there are several saunas/steam rooms that you visit in an order (they increase in temperature and all have different 'jobs' with regards to the benefits to the body)
you can stay in them for as long/little time you'd like. There is a medium warm pool also, as well as a outside hot tub (which is an AMAZING experience, go in it even if it's raining outside like it was today- totally different experience) there are also day beds towards to back to relax on.
We were there for 3hours, 1 for lunch and the rest in the Spa, I think we were there for the perfect amount of time, but we would love to go back and book additional treatments too.

100% worth a visit, because you'll certainly want to return!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
RibbyHallVillage, Manager at The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Congratulations on your recent wedding! We're absolutely thrilled that you both enjoyed your spa day, and thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Ilkley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Spent one night her with my guy. Very romantic. Had a wonderful suite. Bed was incredibly comfortable. Separate lounge with balcony over looking a pretty pond. Food was excellent in the evening. However I do think the lunch time menu was a bit over priced for what we got. The wines were excellent. Cocktails were very good and well priced. The spa was so clean plenty of experience rooms. We had the hot tub to ourselves for quite a while. My tip would be to not rush In to the spa at 2pm ,when allowed ,as per checkin , but wait till a bit later. It gets very quiet at 4. Then you can chill and enjoy outside hot tub to yourself - maybe. The staff were wonderful. There was a very young chap in restaurant whose knowledge was fantastic. His enthusiasm was a joy to behold. Lovely guy as were most of the staff. Breakfast in the room was only a few pounds extra and very good. Would highly recommend this place to those looking for a romantic retreat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ulverston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed overnight on a business trip, highly recommended for the following reasons,
1, Very comfortable
2.Very clean
3.Lovely staff
4.Great food
5.Free wifi and sky sports
Best hotel, I've stayed in for a long, long while. Superb breakfast experience

Hard to fault, going back in two weeks Paul

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa
Northcote Hotel
Northcote Hotel
#1 of 3 in Langho

Been to The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village? Share your experiences!