The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village
$50
$62
PremierInn.com
The Queens Hotel - Lytham(Lytham St Anne's)
$98
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Clifton Arms Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$166
$50
$47
Elsinghurst Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)(Great Value!)
$67
TripAdvisor
Chadwick Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$69
$62
The Anchorage(Lytham St Anne's)(Great Value!)
$72
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Clifton Park Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$104
  • Breakfast included
1,384 results
All reviewsthe aqua thermal journeythe outdoor hot tubelemis productszen gardentwo bedroom suitemud chamberevening mealthe penthouseholiday villagerobes and slippersbirthday treatorangery restaurantan overnight staydressing gownsrelaxing breakmy mumevery member of staff
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Great facilities at the spa. Many more than other spas in NW. Very clean and not too overcrowded- just right. Busy but not uncomfortable; despite being Mothers Day weekend. I'm hoping it was planned this way!
We went into the mud chamber. It's HOT!! Nothing like described in the brochure. I thought the mud was going to dry like a Turkish bath but its so hot it just melts off you like sweat. And it's only 25 mins, but to be fair- that's enough as its so hot & steamy you can't see anyone else in the room/chamber & you are ready to get out by then- if you can stick it that long.
We couldn't fault our treatments; massage and facials were lovely.
The brasserie was Outstanding. Great food and friendly attentive service. Great head waiter. Lovely seasonal menu. Lancashire breakfast had everything. Couldn't fault it. Portions were too much for me but great for my other party.
Our only criticism of our stay was the temperature of the room. It was too cold & despite leaving a card in the room all day to heat it up it was freezing at night. There was a draft from the balcony door.
We alerted reception to this on our departure so I hope this is sorted now.
Thank you Ribby. I'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My friend and I booked the Aqua Thermal Journey for a Saturday with lunch. We had a choice of two courses, but the price did not include a drink. The menu had a good selection of dishes and was very tasty, with the portions small enough so you are not too full to enjoy the spa. The spa itself was lovely - well laid out and very clean. It was not too busy, so we enjoyed a nice relaxing few hours - the favourite being the outdoor hot tub. We both had full body aromatherapy massages booked for afterwards. The only negative was they couldn't book us in at the same time, so we had to spend an hour waiting for the other.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just had an overnight stay at the Spa hotel coupled with a 'Thermal Journey' in the spa and an evening meal and breakfast in the spa restaurant.
Room was first class, very modern, very clean, very quiet, totally linked up for ipods etc, HDMI ports for lap tops etc if required. Beautiful bathroom with bath and separate shower, nice large comfy bed but rubbish pillows !
The pinacle of the stay here though was the restaurant, flavours and presentation were first class - the first time I have ever eaten petals! All staff are immaculatey dressed, very polite, very professional, no surly attitudes on show here, and if you want to know anything about the food before you order just ask the waiter and he will tell you how it comes and how its cooked etc etc.
Breakfast was again very high standard, lovely fresh food that looked like it had just been prepared and if you want hot food, you dont select what you want from a tureen full of food on warmers, each plate is freshly cooked for you, Full English, Eggs Benedict etc.
Lovely stay, and we will be back later in the year

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had really high expectations of this hotel from the reviews there were some really good points but some lacking in attention to detail - booked the weekend as a treat for my step daughter for her 21st Birthday, oblivious it was mothers day weekend.

It took nearly 15 minutes for us to be attended to at the downstairs spa reception, we were then taken to main reception, we had a lunch booking at 12 noon but only got to our table around 1220hrs. service was great we both had pulled pork ciabata on special, my ciabata was burnt and tooth breaking - it was sent back and replaced no problem.

We had an express facial although I wanted an elemis tri enzyme but at time of booking 6 weeks prior the beauty salon was nearly fully booked ( odd as a few weeks before mothers day they popped a special offer on including this facial )

We then booked into our room it was lovely absolutely no complaints -

The aqua thermal journey was nice a bit busy so not able to do the whole journey in the order stated, now here is where I have an issue, each steam room/ sauna suggests a maximum time limit other reviewers have complained about people spending longer in each than recommended, but here's the issue theres only one clock on the main spa wall and in each steam/sauna room two have egg timers there is no clock /timer in any of the others- so how do you know if you have spent your 10/20 mins in each station - I also consider this a health and safety issue

We both had a pedicure now my step daughter is a beauty therapist and was quite horrified at some of the practices - and if you read down the reviews another lady found this an issue. we had a pedicure together and had a constant stream of peope coming in and out both staff and clients to get polishes and products. the polishes were situated in between us and one lady was really embarrased stretching over us to look and pick her polish, plus a therpaist came in with plastic cups and scooped products into them with her bare hands mind you the rest of the therapists doing our pedicure did the same, no scoops or anything. Sophies manicure was atrocious - I did not make a fuss at the time and neither did she but she felt it was so poor it was a dissapointment one toe was half painted and her nails had been filed to a slight point, very odd , the polish was gunky and a new bottle was not sought out or another option offered not one nail was painted neatly, next morning I asked they be redone and this was done and the therapist that did them agreed it was poor job, mine were avearge, but even after an hour plus they still smudged, so back to my normal therapist in Bolton for a re do and a perfect result.

we spent and hour or so in the champagne bar really hotel reception had a few cocktails but we thought it was happy hour, but thats only 4 till 6 in the restaurant and as we were in robes and slippers we wre not going out side and to another building, a bit unfair really happy hour should be across the complex.

The evening meal was taken in The Restaurant - I had told them in advance it was Sophie's 21st and they said they would put some sparklers in her dessert or something similar - we got nothing yet other tables had age balloons on them, the food in the retaurant was excellent but there was a party in an adjoining room and we and several other diners complained you coudnt hear the music in our area and it was overlaid with a loud bass and what we thought was appaling karaoke but was in fact a pro singer, we moved tables but no better. the Maitre D was very apologetic - we had transport to and from the hotel to the restaurant the driver was excellent.

My massage the next day and Sophie's was very good as was the breakfast the eggs benedict out of this world

I wont be rushing back it was average apart from the food which was excellent - in a nutshelll they dont get reguar clients in the beauty spa so wheres the motivation to produce outstanding results - well I always tip on a job well done - my purse remained shut apart from my massage therapist.

Room Tip: book treatments well in advance
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sjg44
RibbyHallVillage, Public Relations Manager at The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your review and for bringing these issues to our attention. I was so pleased you enjoyed your food but disappointed to learn that you were less pleased with other areas. Being Mothering Sunday weekend we were extremely busy but that doesn’t mean you should receive anything less than the excellent service we strive for and which other guests constantly comment on. Our Guest Services Manager will be responding to your personal e mail on these individual issues.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a Saturday night package which included dinner, bed, breakfast and use of the spa.
We also had a luxury room.
You drive through a holiday park to get to the spa which is a bit strange.
The reception was quiet yet it took staff at least 15 minutes to serve us.
The room was nice but not impressive and seemed quite warn (chipped furniture, lights not working, previous guests feedback card left).
The spa is nice but it was very busy and not kept particularly clean.
We ate at 9am (as we couldn't get a table before) and by then 2 of the main courses were off the menu.
Service was slow although the food was nice (small portions).
Breakfast was a nightmare, we had to ask for everything 3 time, the cooked breakfast came with things missing, staff were off hand and the continental breakfast bar was a right mess with barely anything left (it was 9:30am and breakfast finishes at 10:30am).

In all we were really disappointed. Perhaps this is because the night away was not cheap and when you pay that amount you expect it to be very special. It really wasn't. The website is lovely but it really isn't an accurate portrayal of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple