“Absolutely amazing”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrea Green
england
“Absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic stay at Ribby Hall Spa, so pleased we chose it for our relaxing break.
We booked the spa stay inc evening meal.
When we arrived check in was excellent, very friendly receptionist. We went up to our room, the Penthouse, which is a beautiful room. The bed is huge, the bathroom has his n hers sinks, TV to view in the bath, separate shower.
We popped on our swimwear and robes and headed to the spa to do the thermal journey. Again excellent service at the spa. Very clean, relaxing, lovely facilities.
We had a drink in the champagne bar before our evening meal (wish we had booked to have afternoon tea), excellent service again from the bartender. And the evening meal was quite simply the best meal we've ever had. Lovely restaurant, amazing service, and exquisite food. Breakfast, yes, just gorgeous. I had the pancakes and my husband had the full English.
The whole experience from start to finish was just perfect. We will definitely be returning, as soon as we can!
Book it, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leeluce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Morecambe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here with a friend on a girly spa break. The room and facilities were excellent as was the service. The staff were friendly. The aqua thermal journey was relaxing and enjoyable.The public areas in the hotel were very relaxing giving a tranquil ambiance. The gym was small but had all the most up to date equipment you need and was quiet, I was in it alone until I was joined by two girls, so no waiting to use any equipment. There was a large tv and individual screens on most equipment if you want to watch it, but don't forget your earphones. The room had thick curtains and comfortable beds so a good nights sleep was had. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cully_25
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Fantastic day at the new spa. Could not fault the day. We both had a Swedish message and a mini facial. Both very good. Also included in the deal was Lunch, also very good.

One tip, take your slippers with you around the spa makes it a bit more comfortable when you go outside to the jacuzzi.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked a restore and refresh spa day for Mum and myself as a 60th birthday treat.

First time visit here and in actual fact to any spa (I've been missing out I know).

Facilities and procedures explained helpfully. Shown to the changing rooms and our lockers which housed a fluffy robe, a towel and towelling slippers.

Showers have plenty of toiletries for you to use and there's a large dressing table area with hairdryers and straighteners.

We got 2 hours to spend in the Thermal Spa, moving from room to room in the order suggested.

Spa was quite busy (Sunday) - I would presume they have a limit as to how many they would let in on any one day ? I most certainly wouldn't want to visit when it was any busier let's put it that way. Attempted to get in the outdoor hot tub 3 times and on the 4th look (we were running out of our allotted time) we just 'made room'. I might be wrong but I think the courtesy is to spend 10 mins in each area to allow other guests to enjoy everything but it seems this rule might not be adhered to in the hot tub.

A 2 course lunch was included which was delicious - small portions, but beautiful food, presentation and service. Plenty of choice. You pay for any drinks - Large pot of tea was £2.25.

After lunch we had an hour of treatments which included a hot stone body massage and a facial. Don't have anything to compare it to as it was a first for us both but we really enjoyed the experience. I think I would be more relaxed next time now I know what to expect ;-) My Mum's therapist finished with a head massage but I didn't get one - not sure why, but that was my only tiny gripe.

I was hoping I wouldn't enjoy myself - but I've been converted. Damn !

I'd return for a special treat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lancashire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the way back from a funeral, as he had to attend a work meeting nearby the next day.

I have to say the hotel was lovely - as were the staff, I wasn't in the best of moods but the atmosphere of the bar and quality of the room did help to settle me and ensure we got a very good nights sleep. Breakfast was also very tasty

The hotel is in a lovely peaceful setting and the Spa facilities look great, unfortunately we didn't get chance to check them out this time but we've agreed we'll definitely go back and stay again, but for longer!

1 Thank MicknRuth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have just returned from a nights stay and my hen do at the stunning hotel. I can not fault anything! Not only is the hotel beautiful, spa gorgeous but the staff at this hotel made the whole experience just perfect.
Robert helped my friends plan many lovely surprises for me and Bevan in the restaurant made sure we all had a wonderful time. I couldn't have asked for more, we all said that we'd be back soon. Thank you to all the staff who really did make this happy occasion even more perfect than I thought it could be! See you soon! Maybe for a post-wedding relaxation night away, may even tempt the new hubby to join me next time!

• Stayed February 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We weren't sure what to expect and were pleasantly surprised by the great service, facilitates and the exceptional dinner. Although modern and purpose built the environment was very tranquil and made for a perfectly relaxing over night stay. all of the staff were friendly and accommodating... a great balance between attentive service and not being too intrusive. We weren't surprised that the brasserie has been Michelin recommended as the food was really good quality and creative. The spa was well equipped and very clean. we managed a spa session on the afternoon of our arrival and on the morning of our departure. Our expectations were exceeded on all aspects of the stay. We felt that the break was excellent value for money. the only down point was that i hadn't booked a spa session in advance. these are so popular that all the sessions had been booked up. it has to be said that this was my own fault, as I had been warned that I should book well in advance? That being said I will definitely book a treatment next time as we will definitely be back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrea Green
Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa
Northcote Hotel
Northcote Hotel
#1 of 3 in Langho

Been to The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village? Share your experiences!