“Amazing customer service”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrea Green
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing customer service”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I'd booked the hotel partly based on the reviews on Tripadvisor, and they were absolutely right - the hotel and spa are both excellent.

We are Mr & Mrs Smith members, so are used to a pretty high standard of boutique hotels around the world and this was definitely up there with the best of them. The customer service was simply brilliant from the moment we arrived up to and including them sorting out posting me the phone chargers I'd stupidly left in the room the following day.

Food in the brasserie was easily as good as any high-end restaurant I've eaten in recently, with portions just the right size. Good quality coffee ( a must for me!) and petit fours to die for.

The spa itself is new and impeccably maintained - I can thoroughly recommend the Thermal Journey ( a succession of different saunas and steam rooms etc.) as a great way to spend an afternoon, and the outdoor hot-tub is ace too.

Staff in the spa hotel and brasserie are friendly, professional, knowledgeable and down-to-earth - no hint of the off-handed snootiness often found in more up-market hotels.

We stayed on a Friday night, and it seemed to be getting much busier for the weekend (as you'd expect), so I might advise a mid-week break over a weekend one if you have a choice.

If I go on about how impressed we were with the whole experience any more, it's going to sound like we've been bribed, but just to say we'll definitely be returning, and I've already recommended it to anyone who'll listen...

Room Tip: We were in the Penthouse room - very spacious without costing much more.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This is genuinely one of the friendliest, cleanest and well-maintained hotels I have stayed in. The thing which defines this venue is the amazing staff; if you have ever wondered where all the UK's good hotel staff are - they are here.
I stayed for 4 nights for training at Ribby Hall and this exceeded my expectations completely. The rooms are tastefully decorated, comfortable and warm. Actually have nothing bad to add!

Room Tip: I was on the first floor. Others on the ground floor said it was a little more noisy.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This was our first visit to the spa hotel at Ribby Hall Village. My friend an I had booked an economy room which far exceeded our expectations. The whole of the hotel, dining and Spa facilities were exceptionally clean. The staff were welcoming and attentive without going "over the top". The food in the resteurant was superb and we were a little adventurous in our choices "we thought they had Heston Bloominthall" in the kitchen.
The spa treatment we chose where sumptuous and were very competitively priced.
We will be regular visitors from now on.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandra T
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Me and mum checked in for a two night mid week stay and now back at home just want to go back to the spa!!!

The thermal journey was amazing and I would give it 10 put of 10! The outside hot tub was a favourite. We enjoyed some treatments on our stay and they were amazing. The beauty staff were very friendly and helpful. My only criticism is that they didn't have capacity for us to book in for more treatments! It's that good they were fully booked. So, for those of you thinking about going book your treatments well in advance!!

We dined in the spa restaurant on both evenings and the food was delicious. Sone wonderful flavour combinations and all the food was beautifully presented. Again 10 out of 10. Breakfast was also beautiful. The best porridge I have ever tasted!

The rooms are beautiful. We stayed in the spa's standard room and were very comfortable. Beautiful quality sheets and towels.

The staff on reception and in the restaurant were very helpful and kind. It's so nice to see people enjoying their work and taking a pride in their work.

Just one tip if you re planning a trip to the spa, perhaps take your own flip flops as the spa slippers are very large (as they are one size) and difficult to walk in. Plus they do get wet round the pool area. Their dressing gown however is extremely comfy!!!

All in all we had a brilliant relaxing time and are already looking to book again!!

Thank you to everyone who made our stay so perfect.

1 Thank rasberry1
Dayjo
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed a ribby hall spa hotel as a anniversary treat. We arrived an hour early, not expecting to check in. However our room was made available to us straight away. Reception staff exstreamly friendly and welcoming. Our room 1 bed suite with a balcony was beautiful and spotless. We enjoyed afternoon tea and headed for the thermal journey. The spa area is beautiful and quite we managed to go around pretty much without having to share the saunas or steam rooms. Evening meal was delicious. Was slightly disapointed with desert after an amazing starter and main. Breakfast served in our room. Overall we had a fab time and will defiantly recommend to friends and family. Can't wait to go back.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My day at the spa was a mini pamper experience. It was given to me as a christmas gift from my children. It consisted of a morning in the aqua thermal experience,saunas,steam rooms,salt sauna,jacquzi,hot tub.Then Lunch was included in the hotel brasserie,the choice was excellent and the food was deliciouse.There is a pleasant relaxation area with heated couches,or ordinary ones to pass the time. After this I had the hot stone massage which was wonderful.then a dermalogica facial, again perfect.I returned home relaxred and refreshed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have just come back from an overnight stay with my Mum to celebrate my 40th birthday. The whole experience offered at the spa and hotel makes for a relaxing and memorable stay. The decor and facilities are new, fresh and chic. All the staff from chamber maids, to bar staff to spa staff are so warm and friendly whilst being professional and not overbearing. Suitcases were taken to our room when ready. A table was booked for us in the a la carte restaurant which is near the entrance to the Ribby Hall complex. A driver took us to the restaurant and back at our request. Food in the restaurant was excellent. Spa treatments were excellent and a good price for the quality of the treatments received. Overall a fantasic stay, we will definately be visiting again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrea Green
#1 of 1 in Thurnham
Dalmeny Resort Hotel
Dalmeny Resort Hotel
#8 of 17 in Lytham St Anne's

Been to The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village? Share your experiences!