“Great for the kids and the family”

West Lodge Rural Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an open, working farm with play areas, acres of beautiful walks, a large variety of farm animals including pigs, sheep, cows. Activities on offer include free barrel rides, piglet racing, cuddle corner petting sessions with the smaller animals. We also run pony rides and tractor tours of the farm at a small extra cost. Lots of picnic areas and a large family restaurant.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed September 24, 2012

On huge site with lots of fields to walk through and forests to check out,not like your average farm park. A little pricey when you have a few adults in the party but well worth the visit

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"lovely staff"
"extra cost"

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have been here twice now, once when it was very cold and I liked it then but didn't stay too long as it was too cold, but I went again today (warmer) and found it even better. It isn't a whole day out, we were there for just over 3 hours, but that suited me fine. There wasn't much for my 12 year old to do but I didn't expect there to be, however she did like the piglet racing! My 2 year old, loved every bit of it.

They do pony rides (£1.50) and free barrel rides every hour, so no-one misses out. They do tractor rides too I heard, but they were ot running today. The activities are well organised and don't clash with eachother and all the staff are lovely and seem like they enjoy what they do. The animals seem well cared for too, which I like to see and there is a good selcection too. Their play park is nice for young and old. The toilets are great, they are like little beach huts, and very clean.

They do different events through the year and I will certainly be going again and again until my youngest gets bored of it!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

we took our 6 month old baby for the day. He loved looking at all the animals and the tractor/barrel ride with Daddy. Good catering facilities and places to change baby. lots of open space to enjoy a picnic. Piglet racing was a higlight for parents and child. Staff very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed a long walk over the fields, there are various walks sign posted. Free entry for under 2's, would recommend an annual pass if you live locally.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

took disabled young man to the Halloween event at the farm his wheel chair was decorated for the competition he enjoyed the interaction with the staff the cafe staff were excellent and very helpful as this Young man is unable to eat normal food he was made to feel welcome and his own food heated up ready for him he has recommended the farm to other disabled people who find it difficult to find places that are wheelchair friendly

See more reviews
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We are regular visitors to west lodge and make sure that we time our arrival for cuddle corner, my daughter loves to stroke the rabbits and guinea pigs.

Staff do lots of seasonal displays/events which are always popular.

Other farm parks we've been to have free tractor rides which would be nice. It'd be an improvement to have contact with animals other than goats as there seem to be a lot of them and not much else.

Good outdoor and indoor play areas for all ages. Could do with a bit of money spending on it to improve the look but otherwise a brilliant day out with the kids.