Very strange layout to the complex, gave the impression of a 1950's holiday park. Some lovely buildings/rooms in the old part of the hotel, unfortunately locked/hidden away and not used. The hotel seems to cater for team building corporate nonesense and Coca Cola selling training rather than on a personal level. Leisure facilities were excellent if not a bit spread out. Sauna never turned on, although we were advised it would be. Restaurant was not open, although we were only advised of this at 5pm. A hunt around the local eateries was unsuccessful so we ended up with a hotel bar meal in a crowded bar, food was however tasty and good value. Breakfast was adequate but some of the hot food items looked like they had been brought out for the umpteenth time. Fresh fruit looked overripe and inedible. Room was spacious although some wqork needed on dated and worn out fittings/decor. Shower was a dribble. Finally £25 for our dog to travel with us was extortionate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Based in and around a 17th century mansion, Highgate House is a beautiful country house hotel set amongst rolling countryside,just 7 miles from Northampton. Accommodation consists of 97 en-suite bedrooms, all of which are individually decorated. Some of the bedrooms are located in the original building whilst the majority are housed in areas across the estate. Each room is fully equipped with hot drink facilities, an alarm clock-radio with iPod docking station, a television and toiletries from the Gilchrist and Soames 'BeeKind` range. You stay also includes includes free WiFi, use of the fitness room and pool, free parking on-site and unlimited tea and coffee. Guests can look forward to a delicious seasonal menu prepared by the award-winning team of chefs, headed up by Lee Gaskins, who has won Northamptonshire's Chef of the Year twice. Food is served in the brasserie-style Terrace Restaurant and lighter meals can be enjoyed in the main bar area. Traditional afternoon tea is available between 3-6pm daily, with a selection of sandwiches,homemade cakes and scones with cream and jam. Leisure facilities include an indoor swimming pool, gym, sauna and tennis courts. The hotel's 26 acres of grounds also offer an idyllic setting for walking, with easy access to the surrounding countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Highgate House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highgate House, a Sundial Venue Hotel Northampton
- Highgate Hotel Northampton