“Great Business Lunch Venue”

The Olde Coach House
Stratford Upon Avon
“Great Business Lunch Venue”
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I've been visiting this Gastro Pub for the past 5 years on a lunchtime for business.
The ambience of the venue is excellent either in the pub or restaurant. Service is always very good and initiated with a warm welcome. A good selection of ales which always goes down well with foreign visitors. My all time favourite is the "Proper" Pie and lives up to its name and I'd be amazed who could complain over portion size.
Open fires, a location with history, great food and brilliant service!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, Owner at The Olde Coach House, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Everi
Thank you for your kind comments and I am glad you enjoy what we do at OCH.
See you soon.
Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Ok, this place is nice, in a beautiful village with a lovely atmosphere. The problem for me and my fellow diners was quite simply portion sizes. I'm not greedy at all; I'm in fact very slim, but if you ate in this place daily, you'd be skeletal fairly quickly!
Our Sunday lunch had one, yes one green bean, 2 tiny slices of carrot, 2 tiny roast potatoes and 2 slithers of tough, fatty beef and a tiny pouring of gravy. We honestly thought these vegetables were garnish and a bowl of vegetables with a serving spoon would appear but it didn't. I think it was an attempt to look cordon bleu or something 'posh'!! I'm more if a hearty Sunday roast type of person myself and I found this meal a bit of a joke really. I don't need to join Weight Watchers, but when I do, I'll return here !!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Rilleytherag
Mark B, Owner at The Olde Coach House, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest
I am sorry you did not enjoy your Sunday lunch with us and I am surprised you were not happy with the portions.
I do wish you had made us aware at the time because we would have gladly given you some more veg.
We served 180 people on that day and did not receive any other complaints.
I do hope you come back and give us another try.
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Nice place to go for drinks and possibly a share platter, won't advise going for dinner. Very expensive for the quality of food received. You are paying restaurant prices for pub grub. Also, several of the staff we poorly trained with a lack of manners.

It's not what wanted it to be!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark B, Owner at The Olde Coach House, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear guest
I am sorry you felt we were overpriced and the service you received was not up to our usual standard.
We try accommodate the full spectrum of visitors where we offer a fixed priced daily menu Monday to Thursday with one course for £6 and two courses for £9.95 until 7.30pm.
Our main menu starts from main courses from £9.95 and all our main dishes are inclusive of potatoes and vegetables so for a country pub serving fresh homemade food we feel we do offer good value for money.
I do hope you will try us again because you may just have caught us on a bad day!
Kind Regards
Crick, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I call this our "Local" but in actual fact it is 4 miles from where we actually live and bearing in mind that we have 3 pubs and one club in our village we much prefer to use the OCH.
A couple of years ago before the makeover this was NOT the place to be, the plce was dirty with "sticky" bar surfaces and the food awful.
However that was in the past, what you have today is very attentive staff, excellent food and excellent wines & beers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark B, Owner at The Olde Coach House, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear guest
I am so pleased to read your comments and delighted you treat us as your local despite the extra travelling!
Look forward to seeing you soon.
Kind Regards
uk
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have stayed here several times and continue to enjoy the experience.
Be sure to book a table when booking your room as the pub gets v busy and there's a reason for that, the food is good.
Good rooms, modern, neutral colours. Bathroom was starting to look a tad tired and the pressure in the shower could have been better, but not a major problem.
Plentiful parking.
Friendly, helpful staff.
Thanks very much, we'll be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark B, Owner at The Olde Coach House, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hi
Thank you for your kind comments, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I don't know where to begin --- this is a GREAT place to stay. I was here on business, but the staff is VERY welcoming and tend to your every need, the food is PHENOMENAL, accomodations are AWESOME. Big comfy rooms with full bathroom, just a trip down the stairs to the pub and restaurant. Locals are very welcoming as well to visitors! I will be traveling back to this area in the future, and this will ALWAYS be my choice to stay - and I will be recommending to colleagues!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi J
So pleased you enjoyed your stay it was a pleasure to have you with us and I know the team really enjoyed your company.
Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

stayed over whilst attending a wedding, asked weeks in advance if we could chek in early to set up for our 4 month old and get changed and was told no problems arrive anytime - however we arrived to 4 locked doors and a frosty 'you're a bit early'. Not a great welcome. Room 6 was large, clean and warm with nice views, and the lady making up the rooms was friendly and helpful. But we didnt sleep well! A cheap mattress meant we noticed every spring. The shower was also too hot to stand under and the tap in the bath was shoddy. Breakfast hearty however. Overall think it was a bit expensive for what it was.

Room Tip: Room 6 big enough for a travel cot
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mark B, Owner at The Olde Coach House, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest
I am sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay with us and can only apologise for not meeting your expectations.
I was the person who you were in discussions with about checking in and I did say it would not be a problem at the weekend because as a Pub with rooms we are open all day.
I did not know you wanted to check in before 12 noon which is the time we open and if I had known you were arriving at 10.30am I could have made the staff aware.
I am disappointed you found the bed uncomfortable and surprised because we have never had a complaint about it before and in fact I stayed over in your room a couple of weeks ago and found the bed very comfortable.
I will look into the problem with the bath tap and shower and thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast.
Mark Butler
De Vere Staverton Estate
Ibis Rugby East
Ibis Rugby East
#1 of 2 in Crick

Been to The Olde Coach House? Share your experiences!