“We like it here!”

The Olde Coach House
uk
“We like it here!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have stayed here several times and continue to enjoy the experience.
Be sure to book a table when booking your room as the pub gets v busy and there's a reason for that, the food is good.
Good rooms, modern, neutral colours. Bathroom was starting to look a tad tired and the pressure in the shower could have been better, but not a major problem.
Plentiful parking.
Friendly, helpful staff.
Thanks very much, we'll be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark B, Owner at The Olde Coach House, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hi
Thank you for your kind comments, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.
Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I don't know where to begin --- this is a GREAT place to stay. I was here on business, but the staff is VERY welcoming and tend to your every need, the food is PHENOMENAL, accomodations are AWESOME. Big comfy rooms with full bathroom, just a trip down the stairs to the pub and restaurant. Locals are very welcoming as well to visitors! I will be traveling back to this area in the future, and this will ALWAYS be my choice to stay - and I will be recommending to colleagues!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi J
So pleased you enjoyed your stay it was a pleasure to have you with us and I know the team really enjoyed your company.
Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

stayed over whilst attending a wedding, asked weeks in advance if we could chek in early to set up for our 4 month old and get changed and was told no problems arrive anytime - however we arrived to 4 locked doors and a frosty 'you're a bit early'. Not a great welcome. Room 6 was large, clean and warm with nice views, and the lady making up the rooms was friendly and helpful. But we didnt sleep well! A cheap mattress meant we noticed every spring. The shower was also too hot to stand under and the tap in the bath was shoddy. Breakfast hearty however. Overall think it was a bit expensive for what it was.

Room Tip: Room 6 big enough for a travel cot
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mark B, Owner at The Olde Coach House, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest
I am sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay with us and can only apologise for not meeting your expectations.
I was the person who you were in discussions with about checking in and I did say it would not be a problem at the weekend because as a Pub with rooms we are open all day.
I did not know you wanted to check in before 12 noon which is the time we open and if I had known you were arriving at 10.30am I could have made the staff aware.
I am disappointed you found the bed uncomfortable and surprised because we have never had a complaint about it before and in fact I stayed over in your room a couple of weeks ago and found the bed very comfortable.
I will look into the problem with the bath tap and shower and thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast.
Mark Butler
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We booked this room on-line, my girlfriend and I wanted a few days away. We booked the cheapest room which we were warned "some people find a bit noisy". When we got there, the place looked amazing and we were very excited. However we were given our key and went to our room where we were VERY disappointed. The noise was unbearable even during the day, and there was no way either of us could get a good nights sleep. So I went down and asked the staff what time the noise would stop, too which i was told "iIt is on all night". I noted that we felt very mislead by the "bit noisy" remark as i cant see anyone being able to sleep. I feel it is a room that should never have been converted into a bedroom, let alone charge people to stay there. When i asked if we could be moved, i was told yes but we would have to pay the difference. From then on the stay got so much better, we came to an agreement about the room and got a wonderful room, worlds apart from the first one.
As it was late we decided to eat in the restaurant that night and booked a table. We were not disappointed. The food was very very tasty, very well presented and great value. It was so good and there was so much to choice, we booked the next nights meal there. Again the second meal was as good as the first. The staff could be a bit quicker and a bit more friendly, however these are small points that did not impact our stay or meals.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark B, Owner at The Olde Coach House, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Guest
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the food good on both nights.
We have now resolved the noise issue with room 2, so this experience should not happen again.
Many Thanks
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went last night (8th November) not realising that it was the steak night. We had the Chateaubriand deal for about £45.00. It was stunning. Beautiful hollandaise and a side salad with a lovely dressing (we loved it so much we asked what was in it). We really couldn't fault it.

Our waitress was very sweet - the fire was roaring, wine great. Just a lovely evening (I loved the decor and atmosphere). Will definitely go back again on a Thursday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments, I was really pleased you enjoyed our Steak Night and hope to see you again.
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

On our last visit there were excellent 'sharing boards' - always a winner for our girls lunch. Good salads as well (although my friend wanted a little more in her caesar salad!), and a selection of reasonably priced wines.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We've been here a few times now, but it is so hit and miss. Such a shame as this place has great potential. Just been for Sunday lunch with family, and whilst the food wasn't bad, the service was terrible.

Slow service at the bar on arrival, even though we were the only ones there (and they'd run out of white rum). We sat down at the table and had to ask a waiter to take our orders after a good 20+ minutes. When the food arrived, we were missing cutlery (we had been sat at a table laid for four people, not our party of six), and had to ask two different waitresses, leaving the food sitting on the table getting cold. We had to ask for a spare wine glass three times, go up to the bar twice for service, and were only given the specials menu with dessert.

To top things off, we haven't received a reply to our e-mail complaining about our visit - sadly, we won't be returning any time soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir
I was disappointed to read your comments and have been unable to find the email you refer to.
Since your visit I have changed the manager and have been actively involved on a daily basis to improve what we do at OCH.
I hope you will try us again to see the improvements for yourself.
I am pleased you enjoyed your food.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashby Saint Ledgers
De Vere Staverton Estate
Ibis Rugby East
Ibis Rugby East
#1 of 2 in Crick

Been to The Olde Coach House? Share your experiences!