1,229 results
All reviews national holidays coach tour yorkshire dales trouser press buffet style would stay again excellent value for money leisure facilities full english taxis otley hairdryer pounds
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I last reviewed this hotel five years ago and sadly nothing has changed and that includes the carpets in the rooms which are now so worn out they have disappeared in places and constitute a trip hazard. Also, the bathrooms have more mould in them than a ten year old cheese. We were here for one night before a flight and I'm so pleased it was only one night. When we arrived we noticed how busy the restaurant was with at least four coach loads of OAPs being fed. The bar was not staffed and waiters looked under stress. As a result we walked a short distance to the Fox and Hounds in Bramhope village. A great meal and real ale soon had us relaxing. When we returned to the hotel we decided to have a drink before going to bed. The bar maid gave me my pint in an unwashed glass. When I declined to pay for it she took another glass out of the basket which was also dirty. I suggested to her that the basket was actually full of glasses waiting to be cleaned and so she sauntered off to find a clean one. We were lucky to find a seat because by then all of the coach trip guests were spilling out of the restaurant. While we were lucky enough to find a parking space it was obvious that others had not been judging by the cars littered on the approach road and elsewhere. On our return my wife told our travel agent we were not happy with the hotel and she was pleased that we had given her the feedback and so will no longer book customers in it. The only good thing was the taxi service we booked through reception - prompt and efficient - thanks Barry!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank millomite
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night last night as part of a business trip in the area. The hotel is really tired and needs modernisation. Everything looks really tired - not least the carpets in the corridor which are stained and all rucked up (probably dangerous too!). The room was okay, clean and comfortable enough, but again very tired looking, although it was adequate for a one-night stay and there were tea making facilities in the room. Wi-fi connection was absolutely terrible in the room, which meant I couldn't do any work there, and had to come down to the hotel lobby to get a decent connection. Bathroom facilities were old and in dire need of an update, and the lighting in the room was very poor. I had a friendly enough welcome, but the staff all seemed rather distracted - and seemed to have a very short attention span when I asked them a question about something. I got the feeling that none of them could "really be bothered" with my question/query. Breakfast was no more than okay. Convenient for where I wanted to be last night, but the whole experience wasn't great!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank platpeeps
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was difficult to find a parking space as the hotel was full. We ended up on the grass under a tree. The room we were given was very large but needs updating as the walls looked tatty. There was no heating on and the room was freezing. The was no air conditioning. I went to complain to reception and she said someone would come to have a look but no one came. There was no heating on in the hotel anywhere and most of the public rooms were cold. The bed was hard but the pillows were comfy. The shower over the bath was one of the best showers I’ve ever had! We used the swimming pool. It’s £4 a day to use all the facilities as often as you want and £5 deposit for a locker key. The changing area was positively arctic but spotlessly clean. The pool was lovely and warm, and we had it to ourselves. The hot tub was fabulous. The gym looked well stocked with equipment although we didn’t go in there. We came out into the freezing changing rooms and ended up getting changed in the sauna as we were the only people in there! Breakfast was the usual hotel food, full English, toast, fruit, yoghurt and cereals. The advert said there were pastries but not on the day we went. Wifi is available for free in public areas or for £7 a day.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lindyloo1953
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very long wait at the bar to get served, our wedding invite said 7.15p.m,we arrived at 7.55p.m to be told that the room wasn't ready for us and had to use the restaurant bar,there was only two staff on and they spent more time talking to one another about somone who had got away with £4 off their restaurant bill..one of them actually left the bar to go in search of them...leaving one staff to serve the ever growing queue..terrible service and the wedding venue(when we finally got in) was no better.
Maybe getting more staff on would be an idea when dealing with so many people,apparently in speaking to bar staff Britannia hotels don't comply with this!! They really should......

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pam B
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I don't know how to say how bad the coffee was, it's worst than instant coffee, and I am not a coffee snob. The worst food, the sandwiches seemed like they have been prepared at the beginning of the week. The decor is very ugly and old. Extremely outdated and everything is dark, smells and just unpleasant. The staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Just don't go here
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business