“Is this really part of a large group?”

Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bramhope
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Bedroom - Furnished in second world war utility style furniture; No mattress cover just a single sheet; TV useless couldn't even watch BBC 1 due to picture continually freezing and in this day and age no Freeview let alone Sky; Bathroom - Plaster cracked and hanging from ceiling; Shower head mouldy and mould also round bath taps; Cracked toilet pan; Paint flaking off door; Cold tap in basin nearly impossible to turn on - need I carry on?

OH yes, Restaurant - I selected from the Al La Carte menu as there was three coach loads of senior citizens using the carvery.

A smoked salmon starter mmmm! Arrived draped over a pile of salad and smothered in Marie Rose sauce, yuk! So onto a simple sirloin steak, chips clearly the remaining bits from a frozen bag inedible; A mushroom that was so overcooked it was black dry and again inedible; Now the steak - well that description alone is false, tough threaded throughout with white gristle and again, inedible.

Breakfast - All looked good, plenty of choice only one problem - no normal sized plates just very slightly bigger side plates that you couldn't put your complete selection on - not because of large portions, simply poached egg, bacon, sausage, tomato and mushrooms which needed two plates!!

Check out? No, "our system went down at 3 am this morning so we can't finish your account or print it, we'll post it to you".

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank senormoment
GM-Britannia-LBAH, General Manager at Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us in December, we have looked into all the points raised in your posting and will be addressing these with the team here at the hotel.

Front of House Manager (On behalf of Britannia Leeds Bradford Management)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here for one night before flying out to Spain in November 2012 and were very satisfied both with the hotel and the taxi transfer.
We arrived about 3.30pm and after booking in the receptionist asked if we wanted a taxi transfer to the airport - which we did - all this was arranged immediately a time arranged for the pick up and an early morning call arranged as well. She gave us information about the evening meals available in the hotel, and all this was done in a friendly and efficient way. We then went to our room which was lovely and warm, with a lovely view over the valley. The bed was comfortable, plenty of tea/coffee, toiletries in the bathroom if needed, couple of nice easy chairs to sit it - all we needed in fact.
We had the carvery in the evening, plenty to eat at a reasonable price, the only downside was the apple crumble, no taste to this at all - even though the server recommended it!!!
Our early morning call was on time, taxi arrived on time, a very well organised transfer, we were at the airport in 5 minutes. It was the same on our arrival back to Leeds/Bradford, the taxi was waiting, and we were back to collect our car from the hotel car park in 5 minutes - great.
We would definately use this hotel and taxi transfer again, a lovely stress free start to our holiday.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Maz99,

Thank you for your review of our stay and fly package from December, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service and found it benificial.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just stayed here for one night. Got to say the staff have been fantastic. Printed some stuff out for me at no charge. Most hotels would say 'Yes sir, £1 per sheet!!
The rooms have everything you need, and there was plenty of space to chill out during the day after we had checked out. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review, we pride ourselves on our customer service so it is appreciated that this has been noticed.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my daughter before an early morning flight. We were checked in quickly and courteously and I asked to book the airport return transfer for the next morning returning on the Monday. My details were taken and I was told to pay the driver. It is to be £3 per person each way. I gave my return flight number then went to relax in the bar. Happy hour £2 pint 12-7 good value. Food nice but there was a coach party in and deserts not replenished. My taxi arrived in the morning as planned, but coming back I went to the arrows office and told them I had stayed at Britannia and had booked a return taxi. The woman on the desk then rang Britannia to confirm this as she had no record and practically accused us of lying about it. We were then charged extra to get back so make sure you pay the hotel and get proof of return fare . I called into the hotel to let them know about this dreadful woman and the receptionist assured me she would speak to her manager about it. Apart from that the hotels nice and does what you need it to. Very clean and most staff lovely .

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and found the parking arrangements benificial for you.

With regards to the problems you experienced with the return journey, this was brought to my attention at the time and we have since dealt with this between ourselves and our private hire supplier.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed in room 500 as a stop over on a business trip to Leeds. I arrived quite late in the evening and was efficiently processed, without any sort of smile or offer for breakfast etc.
I made my way to the room which was very typical of the holiday inn, travelodge layout. The size was about right and had all the facilities required.
Unfortunately there were a couple of issues that placed this room firmly at the bottom of my 'will return again' list.
1. There were a very large number of stains and even lumps in the carpet
2. There was some kind of grub on the bed
3. Upon stripping the bed (after aforementioned) found the bedding was all stained as well as the pillows. They were clean, but not to a standard I would consider acceptable
4. TV was very old and the remote did not work and only had one good channel the rest, both of them were poor signal
5. No wifi Internet
6. UHT milk
Good points.
1. Very quiet
2. Room size
3. Cheap
4. Only had one night

In the morning I was duly processed for check-out in a rather abrupt manner. Things rapidly improved upon leaving as I found a morrisons a few miles up the road and had the best big breakfast with exceptional friendliness and service all round.
I will not be frequenting a Britannia hotel again unless there are no other options.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Pluto98a

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay in December.

I am sorry that you experienced problems with the bedroom you were allocated, please be assured that have investigated these issues with the Housekeeping and Maintenance teams to ensure the problems do not repeat themselves again.

Please accept my apologies as this is not the norm for our hotel and I hope this has not deterred you from using the hotel again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here Sunday night my parents booked as a surprise to stay with them after they had been away 8 weeks
I arrived first and lady swiped my card even tho assured wouldn't take money it did!!
I was given room 314 on entrance to room smoking stench hit me!! I went and asked to be moved which they did and room was fine even tho morning after found lots cigarette ash on window sill!!
We didnt eat in hotel but had drinks which were cheap but red wine was undrinkable but bar man changed free of charge
Would recommend as budget cheap hotel for airport

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you experienced problems with regards to your first room, we do have a small few smoking rooms in the hotel however room 314 is not one of them so for this I can only apologise.

We do take a pre-authorisation of a card on arrival which holds a balance on your card while you are at the hotel, this is then released upon check out.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had a very pleasant overnight stay here, the carvery was good value for money, rooms very clean and well appointed, good leisure facilities and all in a very nice countryside location , convenient for Leeds and the airport. The breakfast had a good selection of hot and cold food, served in a nice bright dining area. Most impressive was the fact that the mushrooms were actually hot , normally in most hotels they are cool and sludgy.

I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank stephens89

Dear Stephens89

Thank you for your review I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you back soon.

Front of House Manager (On behalf of Britannia Leeds Bradford Management)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bramhope
Premier Inn Leeds / Bradford Airport Hotel
#32 of 87 in Leeds
Britannia Leeds Hotel
Britannia Leeds Hotel
#73 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport? Share your experiences!