This was our second stay in this hotel. On arrival the room was cold although the bathroom was pleasantly warm. We found the radiator thermostat valves and the check valves to be shut off - and there was still frost on the ground! Only one dressing gown was provided for a double room 'we find they are only used by the ladies' . No fresh milk, no tissues, some toiletries missing many other brochure misprints and errors . As we had problems getting a restaurant table on a previous stay we had requested dinner at 8pm on both nights which was confirmed by e-mail. Despite a telephone check of our booking the day before arrival and two meals in the restaurant we were not warned that our Tuesday evening meal would be in a cramped annex with uncomfortable chairs as there was a block booking of the restaurant. Later that evening we noticed a strong smell of drains from the bathroom - but able to be blocked by turning off the fan and closing the door.
The following morning when we checked out at 0900 no duty manager was available to comment. We were promised a telephone call from the owner. No call and an e-mail reminder was allegedly delayed as it was in their junk mail! 5 days later a manager telephoned. He did not appear to understand the basics of customer satisfaction: an apology would have been better than his attempts to brush off or minimise my comments.
The food was good though!
A shame - this could be a lovely place if properly managed by its owners
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Elizabeth's House in South Devon is a celebration of luxury, style and service. This Devon hotel combines contemporary, state-of-the-art features whilst retaining the Georgian manor's traditional charm. Situated in the historic village of Plympton St Maurice and surrounded by 9 acres of sweeping lawns and beautifully landscaped gardens, St Elizabeth's House offers an idyllic retreat from the stresses of busy lives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your St Elizabeth's House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Elizabeth`s House Hotel Plympton
- St Elizabeth's House Plympton, England