My husband and I stayed here on a business trip in April for one night. Absolutely beautiful, and made a lovely change for us, as we usually stay in travel lodges etc. The grounds around the hotel are lovely for a walk with animals and seating areas, there is also a large gravelled car park to the rear.
We checked into a standard room. Beautiful! Superbly comfy soft bed with lovely clean white bed sheets and (?feather/down) pillows. All the extras you could want I.e tea/coffee/hot chocolate, mini bar fridge (chargeable of course), large flat screen tv mounted on the wall etc etc.
The bathroom was a big plus for me. Large freestanding roll top bath and large separate shower with roof window to let plenty of light in. All very clean and very nice complimentary toiletries. Bathrobes even provided. I had a wonderfully relaxing afternoon having a bath and chilling out while the hubby was out at work!
As we didn't know there area we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. We had taken a menu up to our room at check in and booked a table for the evening.
The restaurant is really lovely. As the building dates to the georgian period, as you can imagine there are lots of period features. The menu is very varied with plenty of choice. The prices are expensive but we thought it seemed like it must be worth it. We both had scallops for starters, I had pork belly and hubby had steak for main then we both had creme brûlée for desert. It was nice but not excellent and the waiter was very sloppy and a little obnoxious if I'm honest. We had a drink in the bar after dinner and that was lovely also. With a glass of wine, one beer and a coke, the dinner bill came to around £90. Breakfast in the morning was well cooked and tasty.
We would stay there again but probably wouldn't eat in the restaurant. We had a great sleep and the staff are all very nice and pleasant in general.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Elizabeth's House in South Devon is a celebration of luxury, style and service. This Devon hotel combines contemporary, state-of-the-art features whilst retaining the Georgian manor's traditional charm. Situated in the historic village of Plympton St Maurice and surrounded by 9 acres of sweeping lawns and beautifully landscaped gardens, St Elizabeth's House offers an idyllic retreat from the stresses of busy lives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, LateRooms and Booking.com so you can book your St Elizabeth's House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Elizabeth`s House Hotel Plympton
- St Elizabeth's House Plympton, England