Tripadvisor
Yarcombe

“Watch out for the up selling!!!”
Review of Route 303

Route 303
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Yarcombe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: ex14 9nd postcode
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stop here four or five times a year and have mostly been pleased with it. The music is quite loud especially if you are sat under a speaker which is a shame.

However this time we had our order taken and were offered mushrooms or black pudding. We opted for mushrooms but weren’t told how much more it would cost. The extra mushrooms came out and there were two huge portions and nearly £5 more that we were never told about!.

Maybe we should have asked but I don’t expect to be charged with no warning.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Contrary to the negative reviews we took the plunge. The food was cooked to a very high standard,served very quickly. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Will be coming back

Reviewed January 14, 2020

We stopped on our journey from Cornwall back to Somerset.
I wish we hadnt bothered. My bf got a milkshake thinking an American diner it would be a proper milkshake. It turned out to be a watery drink that RESEMBLED a milkshake. Horrible.
I got a hot chocolate, which was hot WATER (not milk) with weak powder. So basically a watery chocolate tasting drink. Again horrible. I said we should send them back but my bf didn't want to make a fuss.
I also had apple pie. The pie was average, the custard was packet custard which was acceptable but pretty pants.
Overall, I wish we had waited a little longer and stopped ANYWHERE that wasn't here

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Went for a meal early Saturday evening fairly busy miserable managerrude and abrupt food not worth the wait disappointed

Reviewed January 12, 2020

We stopped for breakfast on our return drive from Exeter to London. It was Friday morning and the diner was busy but the service was friendly, efficient and speedy. I had the Americana breakfast (pancakes, maple syrup, eggs, bacon and sausages) and my OH had Steak and Eggs.

Both meals were well cooked and delicious. The coffee was very good too.

Definitely worth a stop if you find yourself in the area and even if you have to detour a little to get there.