“Consistently strives for excellence”
Review of The Pavillion

The Pavillion
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Consett
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Wife's birthday therfore venue had to be premier league and the Pavillion is that. Service and food were top draw and the restaurant very authentic. We, as usual chose from the banquet menu and it was as usual great. Wine and meals came to £72.00 and a tenner to the ladies for a great night.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We booked ahead for valentines night, wish we never bothered! We arrived and told them our reservation name and sat down. After a while a waitress came over and asked our name again which was fine until another person came over and asked again what our reservation name was under. We told them and were asked did we book under another name we said no and still the staff weren't satisfied. Myself and partner were made to feel so unwanted and could hear staff running around panicking about our reservation. Which obviously drew attention to us from the other guests, which was highly embarrassing. The waitress was very rude when taking our order and said we had to be finished by 8pm we were told on the phone 9pm. My partner pointed this out and she snapped "I just take your order" we were shown to our seats and the room was freezing. I had satay chicken as my main and it was bland and tasteless at best. I understand valentines night is very busy but I've never felt so rushed to eat a meal. All in all the service was poor, the food was poor and £52 down we wished we never bothered. We won't be returning!

2  Thank Rachel E
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have friends who are big fans of Cantonese food and they recommended the Pavillion to us. It was a superb evening with slick yet friendly service and fabulous food. We had a banquet for 2 and the quality of the food was outstanding. Portions were large and even my 6foot 4 husband couldn’t polish off all the food. Staff were happy to give us a doggie bag to take home. It is a little expensive but the quality of the food and service mean it is money well spent.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I cant count how foter I have been here - the food and service is excellent but you do pay for this so dont expect a cheap meal.
If you fancy a try and dont have deep pockets try the lunch time menu - it is a taster for the evening ones which it has to be said are better and you get more choice.
They have set menus with choices but just ask if you want an alternative as they are more than willing to do this.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We eat there about 4/5 times a year. We have never been disappointed with any aspect of the restaurant. Food, service, staff are wonderful. I read a number of negative reviews and think that some people are beyond satisfying. We have been attending The Pavilion for over 25 years. It originally was sited in nearby Consett. A lot of celebrities eat there. The lunchtime menu is very reasonably priced for the quantity and value aspects. Thoroughly recommend it. Book well in advance for weekend lunchtimes.