“Very good service, good food but not exceptional!”
Review of The Pavillion

The Pavillion
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Consett
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I visited The Pavillion lastnight with a group of friends. The building on the outside looks very dated, a bit like a working mans club, inside is much better though!
As a large group we ordered several banquets and seperate starters and mains,
The food was good quality and well presented and tasted very nice. However being lucky enough to be able to eat out on a weekly basis I can can confirm that the food served at The Pavillion is available elsewhere at cheaper prices! Overall a good night out, good food, but not exceptional and a tad pricey!

1  Thank garrysue

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went for a family birthday with 30 family and friends. 1st ever visit for me, but others in the party had been before and had praised it. Gorgeous food, Great service, what more can you ask for.

1  Thank robref
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great service, great food. we have been many times for meals, professional meetings, charity events, birthdays - they take it all in their stride and do a great job.

2  Thank g12doc
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have been visiting this restaurant for a few years, and we always go for special occasions. It is absolutely wonderful, yes it's not cheap and not a every day restaurant but it is absolutely perfect for a special occasion.
We have tried a variety of dishes and they are all absolutely delicious! nothing has ever disappointed, our absolute favourites are the sticky ribs and the Cointreau orange chicken! they are amazing.
The staff are always very friendly and professional and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome, the décor is stunning and the restaurant has an amazing atmosphere. If you are looking for somewhere special to visit I would definitely recommend going here.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The food is always good although a little expensive. Is is at the point where you can only go for a special occasion.
Went for lunch this was just as good quality food as the evening at almost half the price, but the srvice was not as good but as it was cheaper you have to accept this.
If I have to make a complaint I would say I go about 4 times a year and it is always cold i always make sure I have something warm on.
Make sure you are hungary as there is so much to eat.