“An absolute Gem”

Deneview Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Consett B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was our first experience of the C2C and we had decided to book each morning for that night. We could not have found a better place to stay. Catherine could not have been a more welcome host, she is kind, knowledgeable about the area and also gave advice which proved very helpful for our final day. Our bikes were stored in a clean safe garage. Our room was lovely with everything we could need. Everywhere was spotlessly clean yet also welcoming. We had a meal at the local pub which was very good, had friendly staff and extremely reasonably priced. After an excellent nights sleep we had a breakfast which was second to none. I asked for poached egg and was given not 2 but 3 perfectly cooked eggs. The price for our stay was very good and Catherine could easily charge more, in addition to this she donated some of our payment to our charity - thank you Catherine. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Deneview to anyone and if I am ever in this area again I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: We only saw our room but I would imagine that all the rooms are top quality
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Alison M

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We arrived as very wet and muddy guests and were welcomed with a lovely warm room, an excellent host (Catherine), superb advice for where to eat dinner and a very comfortable bed! There was secure storage for our bikes, places to dry our shoes, a hearty breakfast and pack lunches that we could order for the next day. I highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My partner and I had an overnight stay here after attending a wedding locally. The standard of the accommodation could really only be matched by a Hotel costing several times as much, the bedroom was spotless and furnished to a high standard as was the dining area. Breakfast was very good and cooked fresh right in front of us. The owners could not have been more helpful, booking our Taxi from the wedding and even giving us a lift to pick our car up the next morning. Personally I normally prefer hotels as it can feel a little uncomfortable staying in someone's house, in this case however I felt totally relaxed. We would thoroughly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We travelled to dene view from Sussex for a family wedding , it was our first experience of b&b . Catherine and David were excellent hosts . The rooms were spotless and more than adequate , breakfast superb . I am originally from consett and still love the place! but for country side and really friendly people I would definitely recommend dene view ,keep up the good work and cheers to both of you .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had 2 nights B&B and found the accommodation very good
Its very clean and beautifully furnished and a TV Shower and tea making in my room.

Nice well cooked breakfast and the day I left very early Catherine left me a massive packed lunch.

Loads of room to park even with my trailer on.

Defiantly go back there.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This was my family's second visit to the Deneview and we won't stay anywhere else now.

Catherine and David were warm and welcoming again. I'm not really a B&B person, but I don't regard this as a normal B&B. The decor is superb. Everywhere is supremely clean and tidy. Breakfast is grand. Catherine is very obliging. The car park is very handy because the B&B is on the main A38 - brilliantly convenient location and easy to find. Great price. There's even a patio area and garden at the back where we enjoyed some Northern sunshine and Catherine popped up and offered tea and coffee.

I'm loathe to tell eveyone how good this place is - in case it's full when we want to go! But they deserve to be full all the time for the effort they make.

Thanks for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: If you have a problem with stairs, ask about the ground floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Teresa Marriott - I recently stayed over at the B&B for a few days and it was wonderful. The dining room decor is exquisite and the bedroom was so comfortable and luxurious. I would recommend to all my friends and I can't wait to stay over again when I re-visit the area.

Thank you for the amazing stay.

Room Tip: No fitness center or Room service, however it wasn't really required.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Consett
Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel
#3 of 11 in Consett
YHA Edmundbyers
YHA Edmundbyers
#2 of 5 in Consett

Been to Deneview Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!