Grounds - deer park plus sheep and various ducks on lake and roaming in the grounds.
Accomodation- various grades of rooms - we enjoyed a heavy draped room overlooking the deer park. Smart,warm and clean. Serviced daily.
Beautiful public rooms - dining in the Library, Garden Room and Brasserie. Relaxing in Lounge.
Food - small quality menu with sizable portions, well cooked and presented. Discrete but attentive service. Large breakfast selection well cooked. Dissapointed with Afternoon Tea - catering butter pats supplied (unlike shaped pats we had at other times) and a cake selection of a marble sponge cake, coconut and lemon cake and chocolate brownie cake. Variation required such as pastries or eclair
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whitworth Hall is a 29 bedroom hotel offering relaxation and tranquility with views over the deer park and local countryside. The Library restaurant serves evening meals from 6pm whilst our Brasserie is open from 12 noon daily. The hotel serves a very popular afternoon tea every day either in the Garden Room or the Lounge Bar, if you are fortunate with the weather you can even sit on the patio or lawns for afternoon tea or a nice Pimms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel Spennymoor
- Best Western Hotel Durham
- Best Western Durham
- Durham Best Western
- Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel Spennymoor, County Durham