“Excellent service”

Dining options: Breakfast
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Came in January 2014 to celebrate my dad's 60th with 14 people. My sister has a severe nut allergy and my mum was very impressed that when she rang to book the owner checked directly with the chef about cross contamination etc and have her 100% assurance that there would be no issues.
On arriving for lunch we placed our drink orders at the bar and the lovely young waitress served us quickly and with a friendly smile.
We sat down and chose our food order. Had to order at the bar but that was no issue. The food came out relatively quickly considering how many there were of us and the fact that it was all cooked fresh.
The portions were huge! Even my daughter's child pasta was enormous!
My daughter is dairy free and when it came to dessert, I asked for just fruit. The owner brought over a whole apple, banana and orange for my daughter. The chef then came over and said that if she wanted ice cream it would be on him! Bless him. :-)
The total bill came to around £250 which was including alcoholic drinks and 2/3 courses for most of us. Really reasonable for 14 people I think.
Would definitely go back as they made us feel like nothing was a problem, especially the nut allergy issue.