“Delightful!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Elsenham B&B and Inns
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Delightful!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

With a wedding situated locally, my partner and I booked 2 nights in a double ensuite room. Upon arrival we struggled to find the lodge as our booking online didnt tell us that it was also known as Aspens. However we were shown to the bottom of a garden where there was a wooden lodge! We were surprised to see how spacy and homely it was, and decorated so beautifully with the panelled wood. With our own kitchenette and bathroom, the 2 nights really were a home from home. Would stay again.
The only minor issue was the noise, as the airport was not far, but was not disturbed at all during the night (only in the morning by the nearby cockrell!!)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have stayed at Stansted Lodge overnight because of my 6am flight to Stockholm the morning after. The facilities were clean, there was breakfast and coffee available even at 3:45 in the morning, and the very nice and helpful staff picked me up from the train station and also drove me to the airport at 4am which helped smooth the otherwise-uncomfortable trip immensely.

It is not expensive (I booked directly on their web page), clean, warm (an important thing - a lot of B&Bs in England aren't), and the staff are very friendly. It is quiet and allows to catch several hours' worth of good sleep before a flight. Very recommended.

Room Tip: Single rooms are small, which did not bother me in the least. If you feel the need for a large spac...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nicosia
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I haven't been in many b&bs in England but I've seen my share and let me tell you- Aspen stansted lodge is one of the best I've stayed. Besides great location, not far from airport they are truly helpful, polite and make you feel like your @ home. Price is great, rooms are EXCELLENT....what else could you want :-) PS! They feed you like your grandmother. 12 points from Estonia goes to Stansted lodge .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

We arrived there after a long travel by bus and the owner was there to pick up us and another Italian girl and take us to the hotel.
She was very kind and helpful both in the evening and the next morning, when at 4am she took us back to the airport.
The room was very nice and clean with tea available and sat-tv.
Also at 4 we were able to have breakfast in a very nice kitchen, always available for guests!!

• Stayed December 2011
Alaro, Spain
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed here twice as I needed a place to spend the night before an early flight from Stansted.
The Stansted lodge did the job for a very good price.
The Lodge is nothing special but comfortable and clean and run by a very friendly Polish lady.
Only downside is that its quite noisy so you here other guests talking, calling quickly

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Braga, Portugal
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I only stayed for a short night (arriving in Stansted late at night, with another flight next morning) and it was very good for what I needed. They were extra careful about silence, making sure everyone respects other guests' hours.
Bigger room then I expected (for a single), clean and confortable bathroom (might be a bit complicated if everyone leaves at the same time, but there was no problem for me). The breakfast is totally self-service, with a good selection, allowing even for making a sandwich and taking an apple on the plane.
I consider it quite good, good quality for price - since UK's transports are quite expensive and I didn't feel like sleeping in the airport, this is a good option. The village looked nice, but I didn't have time to explore...
The bed / mattress needs to be reformed soon - it's quite noisy ;)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Arrived alone on a night flight and had a plane to catch early the next morning, so decided to stay here, seeing that the reviews were good, they had airport shuttle service, and it was cheap for a solo traveller. Tried booking on their website but the website booking page did not load. Called them up instead and had a MAJOR communication breakdown with the owners. Told them I intended to stay one night on the 20th and she said "28th? okay no problem", so I repeated myself many times, saying 20th in so many ways, making sure she marked it down as a Tuesday night, and she just brushed it off and said it was all fine. Tried calling again on the 20th to confirm my booking and no one picked up. Someone called back about an hour later but the line broke off and she did not bothered phoning back again. I tried calling again and they just kept on saying they were busy and asked me to phone back later. When I got to Stansted, I called for my transport, and they said they had me booked down on the 23rd instead of the 20th and they will try to sort things out and pick me up in half an hour. Almost 20 minutes past and I was waiting alone at the deserted car park for the pick up, and I decided to call them back, to which they just said in a very laidback fashion that there were no rooms so they are not coming to pick me up. No apologies until I started raising my voice on the phone, and no alternatives were offered. They were not even bothered to phone me back once they found out what a blunder they have made. For people in the hospitality business, they were very unfriendly, unhelpful, and uncourteous! Totally unacceptable. Overall, a terrible nightmare. Had to stay in Hilton for the night which obviously costed me a bomb, but had no other choice, even after conferring with the info desk in Stansted. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE A PHONE RESERVATION FOR THIS B&B AND IF POSSIBLE, AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank C W

Travelers are raving about these Elsenham hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elsenham
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
#1 of 1 in Elsenham
Linden House
Linden House
#1 of 7 in Stansted Mountfitchet

Been to Stansted Lodge Aspen? Share your experiences!